petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Imagine that metro UI tiles were three dimensional
Imagine that metro UI allowe more combination of colors
Imagine that metro UI did not have that arrow
Imagine that metro UI had more solid three dimensional background
Imagine that metro UI were cooler

Could wp7 have sold better? I believe so.

If anyone thinks "look cool" does not sell, you are kidding your self.

Why can't wp look cool and be functional at the same time?
Why can't MS identify 10 apps that are needed in wp market place to compete and develope them every month?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Imagine that metro UI tiles were three dimensional
Imagine that metro UI allowe more combination of colors
Imagine that metro UI did not have that arrow
Imagine that metro UI had more solid three dimensional background
Imagine that metro UI were cooler

Could wp7 have sold better? I believe so.

If anyone thinks "look cool" does not sell, you are kidding your self.

Why can't wp look cool and be functional at the same time?
Why can't MS identify 10 apps that are needed in wp market place to compete and develope them every month?

more colors will come, probably not a priority when deploying the new OS
i like the arrow, =)
backgrounds will also come, but i feel they are poitnless as the will be covered by tiles
cooler? really? metro UI is awesome!

sold better with these reccomendations, probably not, at all...
it is cool and functional, it can do just about everything others can and more. remind you this is a young OS, and growing at a faster rate than all of them.
check out the thread for top 5 apps to fill gaps. remember a lot of developers arent interested in working with this OS until they see a demand, which is ignorant. check out all of the effort MS and nokia are putting into this in advertising dollars, all these nokia launch events. trust me , it is going to be big. soon everyone will want one.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
the MEtro UI alredy looks cool ,, its completly Inovative!!! sure a few extra basic features would help it ..

but having 2 extra colors on the UI wont make sales go up MILLIONS!

+ the metro UI ( to me ) is much more INOVATIVE ( dint say better ) then BB/Iphone UI ... even more then the Android UI ( only thing good about the android UI is that you can have a animation as your back ground pic.)

Whats wrong with the Arrow? lol ....

MS does NOT make the app/gamaes ,, ( specially not the top 10 any ways ) and they have ask the top DEV to bring over TOP apps.. and we got some , not all but we for sure have more then 10!!!!

seriously.... I almost deleted this thread.... 100% pointless/useless.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
You do not need to exploit every inovation at it's very begining.
The idea of metro has lots of room to grow and it will....in time...
Rushing increases chances of mistakes !

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
My only wish for Metro is the ability to make different tiles different colours. They each have different colours in Windows 8, so I hope it's coming to Windows Phone too.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
the MEtro UI alredy looks cool ,, its completly Inovative!!! sure a few extra basic features would help it ..

+ the metro UI ( to me ) is much more INOVATIVE ( dint say better ) then BB/Iphone UI ... even more then the Android UI ( only thing good about the android UI is that you can have a animation as your back ground pic.)

MS does NOT make the app/gamaes ,, ( specially not the top 10 any ways ) and they have ask the top DEV to bring over TOP apps.. and we got some , not all but we for sure have more then 10!!!!

Are you trying to drive everyone away? You had a focus. Frankly, metro UI looks OK on my titan. I had a focus before. Metro UI looked painfully plain on amoled screen. What is wrong the the arrow:
1). Functionally serving no purpose
2). Taking up space that can be used for something else

Majority of us here are supporters of WP OS. I do not mind current design. Has metro UI been accepted by smartphone users is the question one needs to ask.

I meant 10/month.

Last edited by a moderator:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you trying to drive everyone away? You had a focus. Frankly, metro UI looks OK on my titan. I had a focus before. Metro UI looked painfully plain on amoled screen. What is wrong the the arrow:
1). Functionally serving no purpose
2). Taking up space that can be used for something else

Majority of us here are supporters of WP OS. I do not mind current design. Has metro UI been accepted by smartphone users is the question one needs to ask.

Am I trying to drive people away?? LOL! im not the one posting useless negative Threads! ROLF!!!

the arrow does have a purpose its to show that you have access to an other screen, and you would be suprise how may Technologist illiterate people that buy WP BECAUSE its sych a simple USER FRIENDLY UI/OS! . I had a client stair at the unlock screen for 5 min not knowing what to do , till I walked over and slide it up for him, LOL.

and even if they took out the arrow , what you want them to do with 1CM space.... not much...

again we are expecting some big features in W8, nothing that says that the empty space under the arrow wont be used!.

And i think the METRO UI has been accepted by the majority of WP users... the METRO UI is the MAIN reason for most people to have come to WP!! .. lol!!! if you read reviews on Wp most comments are POSITIVE things about the METRO UI cause its INNOVATIVE!

PS. I merged your 2 post , next time hit the EDIT button on your post to fix things :) thanks.

Last edited:

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't you think there is a disconnect between best reviews and about 10 millions WP7 phone sold over a year? It has been rumoured that Samsung Galaxy S III --- 10 millions pre-ordered. Beging negative and contructive is not a bad thing.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I dont think Android selling MILLIONS of phone have anything to do with WP needing improvement. Android, Iphone have HUGE fan base , and even RIM(BB)

BB is the perfect example ... BB is losing HUGE , NOT innovative , UGLY UI , Horrible design and just plane basic ( sure they have some good points ) what im trying to show here is even if RIM has a horrible device ( right now ) they still sale MILLIONS because they have a FAN base.. WP hastens had the chance to build up a clientele like others yet!!!!!

like when i started as a sales man in cellphone for business. When I started I was barely selling anything cause i had no clients , now that Ive been doing for a LONG time , I have existing clients calling ME back to activate more lines. same thing happens with OSs , you need to build up a FAN base. and you simply cant do that in 1 year!!!

Iphone : had a HUGE Ipod FAN BASE . so it was easy for them to sale Iphone.

Android had NOTHING , it and it took them 2 years to actually get top 3!!!

WP is coming!!!! WITH A FIRE TRAIL!!! lol

WP is actually Worst cause it had such a BAD name with WM.. so not only does it need to re-build its name , but create an entirely new FAN BASE!

WP is still new and yes it does have plenty of room for improvement , but WP sale are growing and are doing better then what android did their first year or 2 ... so im not worried.

give it time WP will catch up in the next couple years!!!! aside WP has only had 1 MAJOR update to a dress missing features and other things. they added 500 features in ONE SHOT! so ASSUME that WP8 update will have GREAT improvement and probably fix 99% of complaints out there.

ALSO! if you haven't already done it , I suggest using the MS suggestion pages/app to have our voice heard!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05