BlackBerry user switching to WP7--how should I transfer my contacts/calendar?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am currently a BlackBerry user, but I want to get a Windows Phone. I will probably get the Nokia Lumia 900 next week. What is the best way to transfer my contacts/calendar from my BlackBerry to the new Windows Phone?

I do have a Windows Live ID, and I also have Microsoft Outlook 2010.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
couple of ways to do that. one would be to export the contacts, setup your Live ID with WIndows Live Mail with your hotmail and import them there. But I think you can setup your hotmail in Outlook 2010 and then just drag them across from the origin account to the hotmail account inside outlook.

ATT also came out with some Mobile transfer app for WP7, you might check and see if they have the same thing for BB....I have no idea how that works but it is supposed to transfer contacts, pictures, etc.

sris

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I am currently a BlackBerry user, but I want to get a Windows Phone. I will probably get the Nokia Lumia 900 next week. What is the best way to transfer my contacts/calendar from my BlackBerry to the new Windows Phone?

I do have a Windows Live ID, and I also have Microsoft Outlook 2010.

I had my contacts and calendar on BB synced to Google (through BIS sync). Once i went to WP, all i did was configure my google email, and synchronized contacts and calendar. And boom! within a few seconds i got all my contacts were there with their respective google pictures (if they had gmail).

You can also export your contacts to Windows live and then configure on the phone.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
As already mentioned, WP will sync your live contacts, as well as Facebook, and any other email accounts, etc you configure, which is simply entering your username and password into the phone. Also, Nokia has included an app that will port all your contacts via Bluetooth. It's seamless!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
As already mentioned, WP will sync your live contacts, as well as Facebook, and any other email accounts, etc you configure, which is simply entering your username and password into the phone. Also, Nokia has included an app that will port all your contacts via Bluetooth. It's seamless!

Thanks. That sounds easy enough. I have 4 different email accounts, but my primary account is Gmail.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
ATT also came out with some Mobile transfer app for WP7, you might check and see if they have the same thing for BB....I have no idea how that works but it is supposed to transfer contacts, pictures, etc.
AT&T has its own "address book" for Blackberry, but it is horrid. It caused all sorts of issues when I had it installed. I deleted it and never reinstalled it when I upgraded my OS in the future.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I got my Nokia Lumia 900 this morning. I just picked it up at the AT&T store, but did not have the salesman do anything except insert the SIM card.

I followed your suggestions, and my new device is running great, with email, contacts, and calendar all syncing. Thanks, again! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss