How to search for music

showie

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm baffled that there is no search button on the song list inside the default music player in WP7. What suggestions are there out there of a program or whatever to search by title or part of title for a song?

...or, hopefully I'm missing something obvious...

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
best way I know of:

you will notice that all your music is sorted by either artist, playlist, or song

if you hit one of the letters in any category it will bring an overview that has # A B C etc. if you then click B, for example, it will auto scroll to every artist, song, or playlist in the "B" category

If you are like I am though, the quick play feature is awesome

showie

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
best way I know of:

you will notice that all your music is sorted by either artist, playlist, or song

if you hit one of the letters in any category it will bring an overview that has # A B C etc. if you then click B, for example, it will auto scroll to every artist, song, or playlist in the "B" category

If you are like I am though, the quick play feature is awesome
Thanks, Welve. Unfortunately, I have a few hundered songs from a hymnal resource where the title of each song begins with the hymn # like "414 - Sing in Prayer" When I need to pull up a song to reference for my band, I may not remember the 414 part, so I need to type in "prayer" and get all the titles with prayer in it. What's worse is when I hit the # sign in the list, I have to scroll through a couple hundred titles just to get to the song....that's if I know the hymn #.

Now, this isn't a problem for any desktop app and it wasn't a problem for my WebOS phone and it seems to be a huge glaring deficiency for Win 7 to not do this simple thing. I'm not sure what Quickplay is, but don't know if it can address this...

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Welve. Unfortunately, I have a few hundered songs from a hymnal resource where the title of each song begins with the hymn # like "414 - Sing in Prayer" When I need to pull up a song to reference for my band, I may not remember the 414 part, so I need to type in "prayer" and get all the titles with prayer in it. What's worse is when I hit the # sign in the list, I have to scroll through a couple hundred titles just to get to the song....that's if I know the hymn #.

Now, this isn't a problem for any desktop app and it wasn't a problem for my WebOS phone and it seems to be a huge glaring deficiency for Win 7 to not do this simple thing. I'm not sure what Quickplay is, but don't know if it can address this...
Sounds like a horrible and annoying problem for you. The only thing I can think of is to make playlists with hymns 1-10, 11-20...etc so when you need a certain one it will be easier than what you are doing now...of course u can make the playlist larger 1-20 1-30..1-50 etc which ever u think u can handle. It might take a while to set the playlist up on the PC, but eventually it will speed up you music search, until Microsoft fixes it, if they ever.

You should download the suggestion box app from MS and suggest that they app a music search option

sayonical

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
There is ab app to search music in the market place. It integrates into the Zune hub too. It's called "

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre