Disappearing keyboard trick?

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone tried rotating their phone to landscape/portrait then tapping on the message screen to make the keyboard reappear? Worked for me a couple of times.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Weird... I haven't seen the disappearing keyboard bug on my Focus (ATT) in a couple months and we haven't received the 8107 update yet. I did do a hard reset on both mine and my wife's Focus a couple months ago while I was trying to get them to work oversees. Hmmmmm... might have something to do with it?

*knocks on wood*

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone tried rotating their phone to landscape/portrait then tapping on the message screen to make the keyboard reappear? Worked for me a couple of times.
Pretty easy to get the kb back for built-in apps, and and this trick works on BoardExpress and a few others. But for most third party apps, the kb refuses to reappear after its gone the first time. Yo have to exit the app and start over. The frustration built for me till I used the WPC instructions on my Surround. Fixed in 15 minutes. What a pleasure it was again using the phone after that.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Seems like this issue is not on the Lumia as I have not seen it once so far. We are also on a newer build from what it looks like. 8112 if I read correctly.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire