problem using earphones with mic

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have a pair of Sony earphones with mic and remote that I am quite comfortable with, and they work with my iOS devices. However, when I plugged them in my lumia900, the mic and remote no longer work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Zaisaroni

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Buy a Titan... j/k

HTC and Apple use the same headphone pinout, Samsung and Nokia do not. I believe that I've seen discussions on XDA about adapters, in the Samsung focus boards.

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Buy a Titan... j/k

HTC and Apple use the same headphone pinout, Samsung and Nokia do not. I believe that I've seen discussions on XDA about adapters, in the Samsung focus boards.

Thanks for the information! Although at this point, I am not sure I even want to keep my lumia. I love WP7 OS, but the phone itself has couple of big problems for me. The camera has a weird yellow spot, plus a lot of noise, the audio has a lot of background noise especially noticeable in quiet areas... just annoying issues. Maybe I have a bad handset.

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
maybe try swapping it out once... Just be sure it's for you before the return period is up!

Thanks. Yeah, that is what I will probably do. I read about the audio noise with 800 in some nokia forums; you would think they would fix that problem for their newer models.

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Buy a Titan... j/k

Hi, I perused the xda samsung focus and focus s boards, but I couldn't find the information about the adapters. Do you happen to know where I can find more info about these? I would rather not buy new earphones, I really like the ones I have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos