Low storage space? Do certain apps take more than shown?

Codeworks

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello, all.

I have 500mb of music and 300mb of pictures loaded on to my new Lumia 900. I also have roughly 30 games averaging 30mb each which should be approx 1 gb of storage, however according to my storage, I only have 3 gb free and 9gb of reserved space. I also have my allocation set to 0.

What is using all my space? Tried reformatting twice with no luck. I only synch on 1 computer.

Help.

andruthetech

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 800 has 16GB onboard, you have about 1.8GB used, consider the OS and native apps onboard plus, the files system uses a certain amount of space as well.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
In that case he should still have over 10GB free. THe 9GB reserved space is the issue. Wasn't there a known issue with that growing over time or something?

I'm disappointed that they put out yet another 16GB phone, as well...

oral2012

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
In that case he should still have over 10GB free.

Codeworks

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Are there any rogue Xbox live games that take a really large chunk of space even though they tell you that the its only 40 or 50meg?

Is there any way to see what apps take how much space?

If I cannot figure this out, I may have to refresh one more time and install apps/games one at a time to see who is the culprit. With only Music and Pics loaded, it still shows well over 11G free.

Thanks for any help.

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same thing on my phone. I had to do a hard reset last week, and my reserved space went WAY down but now it's slowly creeping back up. Mind you, I currently have no pictures on my phone and the same, if not less, amount of music, and I delete movies once I'm done watching them.
The only thing I can think of however is that my HTC Watch is partially at fault. My reserved space was very low until I redownloaded HTC Watch, then watched 1 movie which I had rented.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Maybe HTC Watch is keeping part of the movie locally cached. Do you see any options in the app for cleaning that sort of thing up?

The "reserved space" is going to creep up over time because it is the space the app takes as well as all data associated with that app. Ideally apps shouldn't be storing too much, but I guess it depends on the specific app.

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Maybe HTC Watch is keeping part of the movie locally cached. Do you see any options in the app for cleaning that sort of thing up?

The "reserved space" is going to creep up over time because it is the space the app takes as well as all data associated with that app. Ideally apps shouldn't be storing too much, but I guess it depends on the specific app.

If there is a way to clear it, I haven't found it.

Embiggens

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
If there is a way to clear it, I haven't found it.
Bump, I am experiencing the same issue. I came here to find a way to determine the per-app storage space usage. Does this exist?

By the way, I have a titan I and do not have htc watch installed. However, recently I have been using a couple video apps a bit more- media buddy, netflix, plex. I think there may be something to this lack of clearing out the cached content idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo