Music Player on Lock Screen - Help

john_allen_1911

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to stop it from being there? It is really a bad feature for me. I cannot accidentally start playing "Raining Blood" when I go to unlock it. My phone cannot say Slayer on the front when I press the power button either.

I am so frustrated with this OS. I load and play music and then there is a stupid music player on my lock screen. The phone does too much "thinking for me." If I wanted to be told what I wanted I would have moved to the iPhone.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
There is an app for that!

you mentioned iPhone, I had to do it...

But really, there is, it is called Stop The Music! and it is free, just tap it after you are done listening and it will clear that right up for you. I agree it can be embarassing to have your current music out in the open, or worse if you accidentally hit it with the speaker on in a meeting or something! This app gives you the functionality of the homescreen music control without the hassle of it being there are you are done listening to music.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to stop it from being there? It is really a bad feature for me. I cannot accidentally start playing "Raining Blood" when I go to unlock it. My phone cannot say Slayer on the front when I press the power button either.

I am so frustrated with this OS. I load and play music and then there is a stupid music player on my lock screen. The phone does too much "thinking for me." If I wanted to be told what I wanted I would have moved to the iPhone.

I understand your frustration, and I'm not trying to sound facetious or anything, but the music controls are at ther top of the lockscreen. You're accidently tapping them when you unlock your phone?

john_allen_1911

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, buttons can be hit by accident. Also when using a bluetooth headset that is sitting in my bag or pocket and the button gets pressed then music starts up again.

So know I need to get the phone out, press the power button, carefully reach for the bottom of the screen, and then it is unlocked. The screen is crazy sensitive. It drops calls unless I press the power button and black the screen out or I hold the phone an inch or more away from my face there is no way to stop buttons from accidentally being hit. Since we are on it, when I go to hit the down volume button, when on the phone, the screen is so sensitive that it will hit the "end call" button. I have had the phone for 2 days and it seems to do whatever it wants. After some time with it I will probably figure out all the quirks.

I will install the app and that will take care of it. Thanks.

And it should be an option.

john_allen_1911

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Is this not what the "Show artist when playing music" toggle is for in Settings, Lock+Wallpaper?

I tried that and it only stops the artist from showing when it is playing. It still popped up when I paused the music and when to the lock screen. It could have been a random event.

The app suggested in the thread is the solution for now. It would be nice if the whole "player on lock screen" was an option though.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Another option is to start/stop any video. As soon as it start to play, the video replaces music in the queue, getting rid of the last song thing. No, it won't show the video.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

anon(5339784)

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried that and it only stops the artist from showing when it is playing. It still popped up when I paused the music and when to the lock screen. It could have been a random event.

The app suggested in the thread is the solution for now. It would be nice if the whole "player on lock screen" was an option though.

The artists picture on the lockscreen disappears when you pause. It does for me at least.

You can pin Stop the Music to the start screen (from inside the App) and you just push it and the screen goes black and then back to the start screen, takes about 1 second.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos