Trophy user looked at N900 and Titan II

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Although I cannot move to AT&T, I went and took a look at the N900 and Titan II at the store today and can give some comparative feedback.

Both phones are big, much bigger than my Trophy, which I think is the perfect size. Both would be a little too big for me, but they are very solid and well-made.

Screen on the 900 was brighter and more vibrant than the Titan, but there were issues. When I went to Internet Explorer on both phones, the screens were somewhat dim/yellow?, but the Titan was a little brighter. However, both were dimmer than my Trophy. All phones were on Automatic brightness. When I changed the auto to manual - bright on the 900, it made it look great and white like it should be. Makes me think they changed the automatic settings on both phones, maybe to save the battery life.

The screen scrolling/response issue has been discussed for the 900. Yes, it is less responsive than the Titan, and both are less responsive than the Trophy. It seems, that the length of your stroke makes a difference and the longer the stroke, the faster and further it will move.

I was very surprised to see that the speed of moving around the phone and opening the apps and switching screens was basically the same, even the same as my Trophy. It's really amazing that even with the faster processors, it doesn't really make a difference on WP. Opening web pages was pretty much the same on all three phones (no LTE in my area though)

If either one came to Verizon in the near future, I would stick with my Trophy for two reasons: The size is a factor, and the speed for everyday apps is basically the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99