People tile question

Cosmo WinPhone

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
All,

I have a new Nokia Lumia 900. I do not have any social networks connected. I have added contacts and assigned pictures to the contacts. I am not seeing these pictures in the people tile on the home screen. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks

navierstokez

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
you can manually add the pictures, if you go to edit contact. Note, you need to have a picture ready.

If you just link up a social network, it will pull info directly from the cloud so you dont have to do anything

Cosmo WinPhone

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have added the pictures to the contacts. That part works fine.

What I'm asking is how do those contacts which I have added pictures to show up on the people tile on the home screen? I'm expecting to see these pictures being flipped on the people tile. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I have added the pictures to the contacts. That part works fine.

What I'm asking is how do those contacts which I have added pictures to show up on the people tile on the home screen? I'm expecting to see these pictures being flipped on the people tile. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

IIRC, the pictures that are flipping are actually taken from Facebook.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure that's the case. I don't use Facebook at all but my people tile is live with contact photos including those I've taken photos of using my camera and attached to contacts. The only photos pulled from the cloud were my hotmail contacts (clearly some of whom haven't updated their photo in years) and they all auto populated my contacts. I have twitter also but only follow a handful of people. Also when I had to swap out my Lumia 800 due to a hardware fault all the contacts including those added by me from my camera (on the previous phone) also auto populated which I was quite impressed with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss