Change default search engine?

aliensa

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to change default search engine from Bing to Google?

I do not have any problem with Bing in general, but the search results for Bing are not localised for our country.
Google does have localised search results.

Last edited:

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
As inteller said, it's not possible.

The idea behind this is that Microsoft owns Bing. They want to make Bing a part of their complete Microsoft experience, so they include it in Windows Phone 7, XBox Live and Messenger.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
My TMOUS HD7 has an option to switch between Bing and google in internet explorer settings. Don't know why anyone would want to do that tho.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
in Russia Bing has been swapped out for Yandex and in China it is swapped out for Baidu I think.

If it hasn't been swapped out in your country it means Microsoft intends to address your market....sorry they havent yet.

DanielCeleste

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
If you go to google.com (and actually make sure you are on the American Google) there on should be a link on the page to pin it to your Start menu. It actually looks good. There's also the Google Search app in Marketplace. As far as changing the default, you change the default search engine in Internet Explorer by going to Settings, but the only other option is Yahoo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon