Not so well known WP7 functionality

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Gonna go by my boy and pick up the 900. Black? Cyan looked awesome, but even the "Nokia Blue" didn't seem to go w/ it.

anon(5339784)

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Can you elaborate? Does this not work like it is stated?

It does do what is being described in there, namely that it removes the Apps from the Fast-App-Switching/Multitasking view, but it does not what it says it is supposed to do, namely "close" the Apps. The Apps are all already closed when you are not in them, so there is absolutely no need to do that. :)

I already explained it here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-discussion/189765.htm#post1645606

Im still not seeing this functionality I have had the same music in the Volume bar sense 4 O'Clock. What exactly are you doing to get this to happen?

I just tested it. Happens for me on my 1st gen phone, when the music player gets moved out of the Multitasking view. Try it out. Look at how many cards there can be, then Play a song and pause it. Then open up random things so that the music player gets pushed to the last spot. It's still there. Then after that open up 1-3 more apps and it will be pushed out. I just didn't check whether it was after it was just pushed out or after I opened an additional 1-2 Apps after it was already just pushed out.

Also, there is always Stop The Music. When you open the App, you can pin the stop button to the start screen.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Gonna go by my boy and pick up the 900. Black? Cyan looked awesome, but even the "Nokia Blue" didn't seem to go w/ it.

1297872931-chris-rock.jpg

Black Lumias are all like, Yo yo boy, Whatssup? Everything coo, Aight.
While Cyan Lumias are all like *Nasal Voice* Hey Boby how is it going? Nice frank good to see you.

vitor_canova

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
If your app hangs and "back button" doesn't work try this:
Press "Windows Key"
Open 5 new Apps (or settings) and leave them in multitasking stack pressing "Windows Key" after you opened everyone.
It will tombstone the hang app.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Remember, new customers get a month Zune Pass FOR FREE! Click on "3 Try a Zune Music Pass." It's only $9.99 a month if you decide to keep it. It gets better.

One Zune Pass can be used on THREE separate devices. That's 10 bucks for music on your phone, you're wife's phone, and your child's phone (or mistress). It gets better.

Each person can still set up their Windows Phone using their own email. For example, my girl set up her Focus using her personal email account. Using the Zune software I logged into my account and authorized her phone as one of my 3 devices that can use the Zune Pass.

wade_link

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
you say you can "mount a drive for Skydrive" on your PC. How do you do that? I have looked around, but haven't found anything that works well...

Jeebus137

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Apps for multiple phones

I set up a dummy hotmail/live account for my family to share. That way we only have to pay for apps once for both me and my wife's phones. It also shares a calendar for us to coordinate our schedule but we don't have any contacts in it so we don't have to see all of each others contacts, for that we use our personal email accounts...

addicusbrown

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Looking for a way to fast forward within a song/podcast/etc... In Zune player. Does anyone have a way to do this? I know how to skip or go back to the previous or past item. ZUne doesn't seem to have ff/rew controls.

raidel00

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Looking for a way to fast forward within a song/podcast/etc... In Zune player. Does anyone have a way to do this? I know how to skip or go back to the previous or past item. ZUne doesn't seem to have ff/rew controls.
You have to hold down the next track button and it will start to fast forward...same with rewind just hold down the previous track button

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Diagnostics App

Nokia Specific but ##634# will install the diagnostics app on your Lumia Phone. There are lots of goodies in there. I wish I could pin the Battery App to the Home Screen. ;)

adrian.tugade

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is a tip, but:

After a few seconds, all the connections and battery life on the top of the screen disappear. Tapping the same area will pop them all back up.

singlefished

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
"pin to start" from within internet explorer snaps a screenshot for the start screen tile. Zoom into a nice looking part of the page (ie:wpcentral logo at top of page) before "pin to start" for a better looking start screen tile.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
How do you make a checkbox "to-do" list style note in OneNote? Right now I just have a list of stuff that I just delete after done but the checkboxes are more elegant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers