I decided to go to an AT&T store today...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
To check out the Lumia to decide whether I was getting the cyan or black... or even white.

Well... I noticed the Titan II and damn, that device is sexii! After my Titan I experience, I confirmed that I wasn't going back to HTC, but sheesh! The curved glass is freaking beautiful.

Now I have a decision to make... Free 900 or $200 Titan II, even though I said I wasn't going back to HTC, ever again, again!!!

Anyone looking and trying to decide between the two? Any choose use both or choose the Titan?

azedi

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I would go for Nokia just because of their apps like nokia drive and transit. AT&T has them in stores? o_O shows online they were out of stock

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would go for Nokia just because of their apps like nokia drive and transit. AT&T has them in stores? o_O shows online they were out of stock

The fact that the Nokia devices have free voice-guided navigation was the deal-breaker for me. I am not going to pay $10/month for Telenav.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
4.7 inch screen with an 800x480 display is a little weak for me personally...Seeing people's iPhones, the only thing I really want is a higher resolution display on my next windows phone :D. Not to say it is TERRIBLE, but I feel like it is noticible on my 4.3in HD7, to bump up to 4.7...eesh...

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The fact that the Nokia devices have free voice-guided navigation was the deal-breaker for me. I am not going to pay $10/month for Telenav.

htc also has htc location now, which are very nice voice turn by turn directions... dont forget! however i would still get a nokia just to show support for the company who believed in us...

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Nokia for 2 reasons:
1. Better customer support plus more frequent updates. Nokia and MS are working really closely together on the phones and using a Nokia phone gives me the same feeling as when I use Apple products: the software and hardware seem to be made specifically for eachother (excuse my bad English :p);
2. Nokia Drive!:)

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has a problem...update is out in a week...HTC has a problem....no update...ignore problem until it gets bigger...wait for MS to fix it.....don't fix it...release a new phone to fix the problem with the first one.

Yep...I'd go with Nokia.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

abbller

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has a problem...update is out in a week...HTC has a problem....no update...ignore problem until it gets bigger...wait for MS to fix it.....don't fix it...release a new phone to fix the problem with the first one.

Yep...I'd go with Nokia.

I would go for Nokia just because of their apps like nokia drive and transit.
g.gif

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
To check out the Lumia to decide whether I was getting the cyan or black... or even white.

Well... I noticed the Titan II and damn, that device is sexii! After my Titan I experience, I confirmed that I wasn't going back to HTC, but sheesh! The curved glass is freaking beautiful.

Now I have a decision to make... Free 900 or $200 Titan II, even though I said I wasn't going back to HTC, ever again, again!!!

Anyone looking and trying to decide between the two? Any choose use both or choose the Titan?

If you choose the Titan II, would you be interested in a trade? I took the Windows Phone challenge, and I requested the Titan, but they're out of those so they're giving out Titan II's now. I'd prefer the 900 though, but only a lucky few have been able to get those.

So if I get a Titan II, you can grab a Lumia for $99, and hopefully get the service credit. Then we can just do a straight trade, and you'll have a Titan II for hopefully free.

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Really it was the credit that "sold" me on the Nokia though there are several issues (camera button doesn't wake from sleep, odd/annoying vibration behavior, black lip around screen easy to scratch paint off of, and camera really is pitifully poor. I remain hopeful that the camera might largely be software related. I look at this as a free phone. I can sell my old phone and come out ahead, and can always sell this one and replace it with something else down the road. The titan ii's camera is something I keep thinking about, but I didn't really like the cubed glass or the overall look of the device. I like the way the lumia looks. Guess it might come out to having to make a decision of form vs. function. Trying to give it some time

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
If you choose the Titan II, would you be interested in a trade? I took the Windows Phone challenge, and I requested the Titan, but they're out of those so they're giving out Titan II's now. I'd prefer the 900 though, but only a lucky few have been able to get those.

So if I get a Titan II, you can grab a Lumia for $99, and hopefully get the service credit. Then we can just do a straight trade, and you'll have a Titan II for hopefully free.

It's a tough choice... I'll let you know what I choose.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
4.7 inch screen with an 800x480 display is a little weak for me personally...Seeing people's iPhones, the only thing I really want is a higher resolution display on my next windows phone :D. Not to say it is TERRIBLE, but I feel like it is noticible on my 4.3in HD7, to bump up to 4.7...eesh...
Pentile AMOLED display means you won't actually get more pixels than the SLCD on the Titan.

anon(5339784)

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Pentile AMOLED display means you won't actually get more pixels than the SLCD on the Titan.

That's misinformation. The Nokia Lumia 900 has an RGB panel, NOT pentile. Just like the Super AMOLED Plus on the Focus S.

The Lumia 800 has a pentile screen, but I looked at it in a store and it was nowhere near as bad as pentile looked for me on a screen with the same resolution (800x480) with only 3.2 inches (Samsung Wave 1). If I didn't know that it has Pentile, I wouldn't be able to tell (at least not in the tests that I made, including zooming out and making black on white text really small, it was still readable)

The Lumia 710 has a regular LCD screen, so that means an RGB panel.

Last edited:

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

I agree- I actually liked my Titan a great deal, but HTC's refusal to fix the data bug made me drop the idea entirely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo