AT&T Ambushed me to get the Lumia 900

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I went to the AT&T store pretty set with getting the titan II, but after messing with the phones and saying i wanted a windows phone and was ready to upgrade I was ambushed by 3 sales reps. They all started selling up the Lumia 900, even said the camera was better on the lumia, which I do not agree with. I was ultimately swayed by the price tag, the free price tag after the nokia rebate (which was particularly amazing how it was automatically applied).

I used my upgrade to get a great phone for free, so come october when I want a windows 8 phone I wont feel so bad buying it off contract if it is everything I ever wanted. Still feel like i'm missing out on the screen size and camera of the titan II, which also felt lighter for some reason.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I went to the AT&T store pretty set with getting the titan II, but after messing with the phones and saying i wanted a windows phone and was ready to upgrade I was ambushed by 3 sales reps. They all started selling up the Lumia 900, even said the camera was better on the lumia, which I do not agree with. I was ultimately swayed by the price tag, the free price tag after the nokia rebate (which was particularly amazing how it was automatically applied).

I used my upgrade to get a great phone for free, so come october when I want a windows 8 phone I wont feel so bad buying it off contract if it is everything I ever wanted. Still feel like i'm missing out on the screen size and camera of the titan II, which also felt lighter for some reason.

The Titan II is actually lighter.

Inka

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I stopped by the at&t store today and was so impressed with the Titan 2. It's lighter than both the 900 and T1. It felt good in hand and I personally liked the screen better.

If I can get rid of my Titan 1 I'll definitely go for the T2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
LOL your name is Inka Cola reference to Inca? Super sweet bubble gum soda from Peru...Whoooooooooooo talk about a sugar rush...

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure the Titan II is great but I can't see where the extra $200 of value is (or $100 once the $99 refund thing is over)

16mp camera is completely unnecessary for my purposes. 16mp? Really? The optics are all that matter, maybe the Titan II has better optics, I have no idea, but I'm very happy with the pics my L900 takes. The bigger screen is great as long as it doesn't come at the cost of battery life, especially since the Titan managed to get it in without making the phone bigger. But really we're all stuck at 800x480 until Apollo anyway so what good is a 4.7" screen unless you want even bigger pixels. LOL

I don't think you'll regret the Lumia at all. Nokia is the only phone manufacturer out there who is backing WP7 110%. Just wait until you see what Nokia is going to have for you by the time you have another upgrade available. :D

Inka

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Ha, yes. I grew up on ceviche and the Golden Kola while in Peru. It's delicious yet an acquired taste for sure lol.

When it came time to create an Xbox gamertag I ended up with Inka Cola.

Sorry high jacking the thread! Back on topic now. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea after testing both in store it was very easy to see the titan II has a better camera overall, but the Lumia camera is no slouch so I think I will be fine. I might return it for the white version though and give up the rebate anyway ha.

The titan was easier to hold also in my opinion due to the rubber finish they put on it, but that is easily fixed with an invisishield on the lumia, they even had one at the store and offered it but i said the phone doesn't need a case.

Rereading what i wrote, the titan sounds like the better phone, the lumia screen is far sharper tho! WP is all about colors and contrast and the clear black makes the nokia blue shine! Also the speaker phone is terrific!

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget the Nokia software, Drive, Transit, Maps etc.

You shouldn't buy a phone based on which manufacturer is best supporting the platform ... but ... the chances of any updates for the Titan II are a lot lower than the 900.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Both are very good devices.
Titan II has significantly better camera with great features, larger screen, Capactive buttons always lit up, more refined (b/c sequel of already released device)
Nokia has better apps (Nokia vs HTC apps), better screen, cheaper price, incredible support, better battery life.

Both have really good sound quality and music experience.
Both have great designs, about the same size.
Both have good 720p video recording quality

I can't speak for call quality for Titan II but Lumia 900's is very loud, clear.

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I was ultimately swayed by the price tag, the free price tag after the nokia rebate (which was particularly amazing how it was automatically applied).

Did you pay any taxes on your purchase? I had to pay $37 here in California even though the phone will be free.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I think HTC is the most likely to step up with Nokia-league support to Windows Phone, we'll see how they do with Apollo. If they roll out as interesting a design as the ONE-series, and push it hard in terms of marketing, carrier-support, and custom apps (comparable to the ones Nokia is pushing), I'll consider them for my Apollo device.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My Titan's call quality and antennae strength is pretty atrocious. I don't know if they fixed it with the Titan II.

Titan's speakerphone is horrible. I could hear okay, but they the person on the other line always mentions the terrible call quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss