Am i the only one with some OS issues?

Strings78

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE WP7, i could not wait to upgrade to my HTC Arrive and i still really like it, but i feel like i am the only one suffering from some problems with the OS. I have had the phone for about 6 months now and i can't even begin to tell you about all the apps that refuse to launch (including built in ones such as the Messaging and People hubs), the OS Freezing on me all the time and whenever i use the built in social networking services to post something on either facebook or twitter, there is only a 50/50 chance that it will post. Am i the only one that has the problems?? How can i fix them??

Thank you!

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE WP7, i could not wait to upgrade to my HTC Arrive and i still really like it, but i feel like i am the only one suffering from some problems with the OS. I have had the phone for about 6 months now and i can't even begin to tell you about all the apps that refuse to launch (including built in ones such as the Messaging and People hubs), the OS Freezing on me all the time and whenever i use the built in social networking services to post something on either facebook or twitter, there is only a 50/50 chance that it will post. Am i the only one that has the problems?? How can i fix them??

Thank you!

not a problem ever with my arrive. maybe defective device.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Sounds crazy considering one of the things this OS is known for is stability.

Have you backed your phone up? As long as you are SURE your phone is backed up, I would try a hard reset.

Here's how to hard reset your HTC Arrive:

From the home screen, swipe left to expose your app list
Tap Settings
Scroll down and tap about
Tap reset your phone
Tap yes to confirm, then tap yes to confirm again

It will then reboot and you'll be left with a factory fresh phone.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
If a hard reset doesn't work, then I'd say it's pretty reasonable to assume it's a hardware problem/the phone is defective.

Do you remember doing a software or firmware update at any point? Did the problems seem to occur after that?

Try to think back to when the problems began and what you might have done around that time, new software or updates you installed in particular.

Strings78

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
If a hard reset doesn't work, then I'd say it's pretty reasonable to assume it's a hardware problem/the phone is defective.

Do you remember doing a software or firmware update at any point? Did the problems seem to occur after that?

Try to think back to when the problems began and what you might have done around that time, new software or updates you installed in particular.
The only update that i have ever done on the phone was Mango right after i bought it! and i have hooked it up to zune and its baking up right now, once it's finished doing that, i will do a hard reset. i REALLY hope that it works!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss