People hub mess

Criatura555

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
People hub has some issues. When I try to edit a contact info, I choose the pencil icon and Windows Phone shows me a list of accounts from where that contact's info came from. The problem is some times WP show many instances of the same account, some times with different information.

There are a solution for that?

I hope Microsoft add a way to "consolidate" info for a specific contact through all my accounts.

WindowsPhone.jpg

Criatura555

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I was searching for a reason for that and I discover that, in fact, windows phone creates many copies of my contacts at my Live account.

When I turned on my WP for the first time, I created a new Live account to discover that was impossible to use Messenger with my old account. Because my Lumia 710 presented some problems, Nokia asked me to reset the phone. After this I choose to use my old hotmail account.

The fact is, my Live account was new and empty. Now if I enter hotmail using that account I can see all contacts from other accounts, and many copies of most of them. I think Windows Phone send my contacts from all accounts I enter to the phone's main account. When I reseted and entered my other account WP did it again for my Hotmail account. More copies.

I think this is a bug and a very ugly one.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Link the accounts.

Open the primary one, then tap the little icon that looks like a chain at the bottom and link it to any duplicates from other sources on your phone. It will merge everything in to one contact card on the phone.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I was searching for a reason for that and I discover that, in fact, windows phone creates many copies of my contacts at my Live account.

When I turned on my WP for the first time, I created a new Live account to discover that was impossible to use Messenger with my old account. Because my Lumia 710 presented some problems, Nokia asked me to reset the phone. After this I choose to use my old hotmail account.

The fact is, my Live account was new and empty. Now if I enter hotmail using that account I can see all contacts from other accounts, and many copies of most of them. I think Windows Phone send my contacts from all accounts I enter to the phone's main account. When I reseted and entered my other account WP did it again for my Hotmail account. More copies.

I think this is a bug and a very ugly one.

You used two different Live/hotmail accounts and attached the phone to both of them. That's not a bug, it's user error. Unlink one of the hotmail/Live accounts from your phone and delete the duplicate contacts and only sync one Live account with the phone and that should solve your problem.

Criatura555

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
You used two different Live/hotmail accounts and attached the phone to both of them. That's not a bug, it's user error. Unlink one of the hotmail/Live accounts from your phone and delete the duplicate contacts and only sync one Live account with the phone and that should solve your problem.
I disagree that was my mistake. Windows Phone incentivate you to enter ALL your accounts into the system.

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
The fastest solution is to get all of your contacts synced into a single Live account. Live has a VERY nifty feature where you can de-duplicate your contact list automatically. See the attached picture - select Clean Up Contacts and it will have you choose which contact to use as the base - it combines the others into it.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Also remember even though you may add in ten different accounts from live or google or facebook, you can choose to not show those contacts at all in the People hub by filtering them out. But as stated, it's generally best to choose one that has all the contacts you want for your phone, and then you only have one list to keep up to date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05