Notification reminders?

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Curious if anyone has a solution that will provide reminders if I miss a text, phone call, or email. I can get by without the email and phone call reminders, but really miss the reminder for a missed text message.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It shows right on your live tiles for texts, phone calls, a voicemail notification, etc. If it was from someone pinned to your start screen you'll even see the indicator on their own live tile. You'll have a 1 overlaid or however many you've missed. Or do you want it to keep beeping at your or something? That honestly seems like a big waste of battery.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Unread text count also appears on your lock screen. Power on the phone and you are reminded. If you want to deal with it later the phone will go to sleep in a couple seconds by itself.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
It shows right on your live tiles for texts, phone calls, a voicemail notification, etc. If it was from someone pinned to your start screen you'll even see the indicator on their own live tile. You'll have a 1 overlaid or however many you've missed. Or do you want it to keep beeping at your or something? That honestly seems like a big waste of battery.

Yep, if I miss a text I'd like a reminder every 5 minutes. On my Android I used Handcent for SMS and it provided this functionality. Its very nice, as its easy to miss a text unless you chain your phone to your hip (or keep it in your pocket at all times) which I do not do. I frequently miss texts while I'm driving - I guess I need to keep the volume down. I'd rather not have to keep checking my phone to see if I got something, prefer the proactive notification that a reminder would provide.

best_grandma

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Yep, if I miss a text I'd like a reminder every 5 minutes. On my Android I used Handcent for SMS and it provided this functionality. Its very nice, as its easy to miss a text unless you chain your phone to your hip (or keep it in your pocket at all times) which I do not do. I frequently miss texts while I'm driving - I guess I need to keep the volume down. I'd rather not have to keep checking my phone to see if I got something, prefer the proactive notification that a reminder would provide.

It's 2014. I'm looking for this feature, too. Did you ever find a solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb