Apollo beta?

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone in here try the mango beta? I had it and if I remember correctly I was using the beta a long time before mango released. Wouldn't Microsoft try the same thing if Apollo is such a big update? Just curious

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My guess is they are testing internally now so june/july should be when the dev beta will come out. Then it should start to roll out around october.

Just a guess.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft got burned by the early announcement last time when android copied a lot of their features. They'll hold off as long as they can. Also, WP8 isn't really the big release this time around - Win8 is the big splashy release with WP8 just along for the ride. If they make a developer preview available for current devices it'll be a big clue that Apollo will be available for legacy handsets. OTOH if the developer preview only runs in the emulator that's a big clue the other way... We'll find out soon enough. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nokia phones get WP8 since Nokia has their entire future invested in this, but you never know, as with Microsoft their future is Win8 and WP8, not WP7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077