Zune - Sign in issues

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
We have three Windows phone in my house and we all synch with Zune. Starting today, two of the accounts can sign in but the third one keeps getting the following error message:

"Cant access the server. Make sure you're connected to the internet and there are no firewalls or proxy servers blocking access to the Zune service, then try again."

Given the other two accounts can sign on, this can't be my issue. It's almost like something connected to one account got corrupted on the server.

Anyone else experience this and if so how did you fix it?

nivekv

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I am also experiencing the same error. I checked for Zune updates but there aren't any. I'm not sure what else to try to fix it...

nivekv

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I finally got a chance to try on my laptop and it was still signed in from my last session. When I signed out I was unable to log in again... Got the same error. I'm even on a different network.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
there is a chance there could be temporary issues with zune and the marketplace. i had a similar issue with downloading an app the other day, and turns out there was a marketplace bug. time should fix this... thats my guess

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you contacted Zune support? I've found that they can be helpful. I had a mess of an issue when I first got my WP back over a year ago and needed to switch around live ids to get my phone and my Zune and my Xbox all aligned. Doing so screwed something up on their backend related to billing. Took some extra work on their end. But they got it straightened out in the end.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Have you contacted Zune support? I've found that they can be helpful. I had a mess of an issue when I first got my WP back over a year ago and needed to switch around live ids to get my phone and my Zune and my Xbox all aligned. Doing so screwed something up on their backend related to billing. Took some extra work on their end. But they got it straightened out in the end.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

I have not tried this but I will look into it. Thanks.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I was on a support chat this afternoon; the guy checked and said they did have a WindowsLive server issue that is affecting Zune sign-ins. He estimated 24-48 hours. Interestingly, my phone is not affected. I needed and album yesterday when I noticed the problem, downloaded it to my Focus, and synced it sequentially to my Zune ecosystem. ;)

BTW, don't bother following any of the related suggestions, including modifying anything in your network. Just be patient and use your phone for now.

bellyer1

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have used Zune support a number of times in the past with great results.

My Zune account has not been having any problems. However, my sister just got into town for a visit from out of state and was talking to me about the problems she is having with not being able to log in and that she has had the problem on her computer and her husband's. I told her to try my computer and see if she could log in, since my account has not had any problems. Sure enough, she tried and was not able to log in.

I told her to contact Zune Support and got her set up to do so. She went through all kinds of troubleshooting steps, like clearing the Temp folder and checking network settings. Then she finally gave up after spending like 45 minutes with the Support Engineer. At the end of the conversation, they finally informed her that it is a known issue that is being worked on.

I am angry at the Support Engineer for having wasted her time. However, I can tell any of you who are having this problem, it is a known issue that they are working to fix. If you have a few minutes and want to contact Zune Support to let them know that you are experiencing the problem, feel free; maybe it will help to light more of a fire under them to get it fixed. Just do not expect any time you spend with Zune Support on this particular problem to actually fix it for you. It seems to be a server issue on their end and nothing that you will be able to get fixed in a session with an engineer.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
This is a follow-up qualification of my prior post: the syncing I was able to do yesterday back to my ZuneHDs must have been during a no-problem window. I just tried doing my syncs of the two tracks I downloaded to my Focus today; they did sync to my desktop, but then wound not sync, in turn, to my ZuneHDs. The error message said to sign in to Zune to check usage rights. Also, while today's downloads play on the Focus, they do not play on the desktop -again, a usage-rights error message. I'll have to do with my 35.11 GB of musical joy for the next 24-48. Probably a good time to do some culling in my Collection. ;)

BTW, the Chat Suppport guy said that when the problem is resolved your Zune setup should just sign in automatically when lauched -if that's the way you have it set up, of course.

Last edited:

shalgrim

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. Also I can't access Marketplace on my phone and when I try to buy an app on Marketplace on the web it says there's something wrong with my Zune account. Fab.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
also make sure that the account your trying to log in to is also set as the primary WP on ZUNE.

that can also block some features/options

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Zune sign-in is back. I launched the program this evening, and a pop-up emerged immediately saying Zune had a new something-or-other, and to close and restart the program. Did that and Zune signed in automatically as always. The two tracks that wouldn't play yesterday are playing today and have syncd to the Zune HDs.

Shalgrim: your phone-Marketplace issue is probably unrelated because I never experienced that during the sign-in down-time. Unless your account is new, in which case, Zune, etc. may have not been able to install everything everywhere. Good luck in any event.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99