Question on skydrive in office hub in windows phone

Snow

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Just wanna ask when you enter the office hub integrated on windows phone, and click on skydrive and say you go into a document like "Public" and click on a file. (Eg, Microsoft word file) and it shows downloading, does this means that the file actually takes up space in the phone? Since it says downloading into the phone? Or is it viewing from the cloud without taking space in the phone. Since my phone only has 8GB, so im trying to save whatever space :) Hope i explained clearly, thanks!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If you chose to download a document it is downloaded to the device for viewing off line so your it is taking up space on your device.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
When you finish editing, does it then upload and free up the memory on the device?

If you've not saved it on your phone, then you can open it on Skydrive and edit and close. As soon as you close, it saves the copy on Skydrive.

However, if you've saved it on your phone first following a download, then you will have to tap ... and then SAVE AS and select "skydrive" in the drop down.

However, I only edit straight from Skydrive and click save. You will see on top of the screen those little dots saying "uploading the document" if it's uploading it to skydrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon