Can't open documents in Skydrive for WP

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So, a user in a portuguese forum reported that he couldn't open Excel files using the Skydrive app, and I just tried it and indeed it won't open, just displays a page in IE9 saying: "We can't find that page"...

Anyone else having this issue? Files still open in the Office Hub.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I think what is happening is that SkyDrive on our PC opens Office files through its web app, with IE. SkyDrive app on our phone is just an extension and will try to open files via IE. If you continue through the error message, you can navigate to your file in IE, open via web app or download file to your phone.

Office Hub is more refined in the sense that it will automatically download your files to open and view outside of IE.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I think what is happening is that SkyDrive on our PC opens Office files through its web app, with IE. SkyDrive app on our phone is just an extension and will try to open files via IE. If you continue through the error message, you can navigate to your file in IE, open via web app or download file to your phone.

Office Hub is more refined in the sense that it will automatically download your files to open and view outside of IE.

Yeah, I know, I was just wondering if anyone else got the same error when opening files.

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the error, but more disturbingly for me, when I open one of my spreadsheets it tells me I cannot edit it.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It is sad that if I take a video with my phone, transfer via Zune to a synced folder, in the SkyDrive app it will not play my video on my phone again. Otherwise there is a slight delay (goes to website, then opens word for example) but everything else seems to open fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire