suggested contacts when typing a new email

ggabriele3

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I have my Lumia set up with Gmail / Facebook / Linkedin / Twitter / etc.
Only my Gmail account is set to sync contacts.

When i originally got the Lumia, i could start typing the name of a contact (or their email address) in the To/CC/BCC field, and it would suggest contacts as i typed.

I have since replaced my phone, and now, it will either only suggest some contacts or none at all - it will offer "Search Google Directory" which requires an internet connection.

For example, let's say i have a contact "Jim-Bob Smith" with email addresses "JBSmith@aol.com" and "jim.bob.smith@aol.com"
On the old phone, typing "JB" would bring up suggestions for both email addresses.
Now, it will only show "jim.bob.smith@aol.com" or nothing at all.

In the People tile, i have only Facebook and Gmail contacts displayed.
When typing a new email, i can click the " + " and browse for contacts.

Very weird. any ideas?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
when you replaced the phone did you set up facebook and email and live the same way as before? Sothing may not be set up like before either in gogle or facebook or live. I am using my original focus 1.3 still and it has not shown this issue. I am ;porobably getting a L900 next week and will be transferring everything over so hopefully I wont have the same issue(s).

ggabriele3

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
when you replaced the phone did you set up facebook and email and live the same way as before? Sothing may not be set up like before either in gogle or facebook or live. I am using my original focus 1.3 still and it has not shown this issue. I am ;porobably getting a L900 next week and will be transferring everything over so hopefully I wont have the same issue(s).

I think Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter may have been set up automatically because they are linked to my Windows Live account.

I have Windows Live contacts filtered out, however, since i use google for contacts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss