How to copy Google contacts to Windows Live?

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible? I mean, its not necessary because the wonderful integration and aggregation of accounts on WP7 makes it seamless, but just the same I NEVER use my gmail account for email and my contacts are only there because of my previous Android phone. Apparently going from Windows Mobile 6.x to Android was no problem to populate my Google contact info?!?

Anyhow, basically the only reason I need to maintain my Google account is for my contact information. I've been an MSN account owner for 20 years. So how do I copy or merge my Google contact information to my Windows Live contacts? Manually, it would be a lot of work that wouldn't be worth my time. But I'd rather quit using my google account and remove it from my WP7 phone.

jeff4L

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
You can try exporting your contacts from Gmail as CSV file, then you can import the CSV file into Windows Live. That's what I did.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
You can try exporting your contacts from Gmail as CSV file, then you can import the CSV file into Windows Live. That's what I did.
Not very elegant, but I guess if it works... is it safe to assume that export to CSV and import to CSV are both native functions of the web interfaces for both? So I go to Gmail and I'll find "export to CSV" to create a file on my PC and then go the Windows Live and I'll find "import contacts from CSV"?

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I also have been unable to find where to import a CSV into Live. When I go to the import function of managing contacts, it seems I can only link other accounts. It is SO frustrating that this isn't easier to do.

<nevermind> I finally figured out that I have to choose to import Outlook contacts in order to import a CSV. So intuitive... but I won't complain so long as I can figure it out. :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I also have been unable to find where to import a CSV into Live. When I go to the import function of managing contacts, it seems I can only link other accounts. It is SO frustrating that this isn't easier to do.

<nevermind> I finally figured out that I have to choose to import Outlook contacts in order to import a CSV. So intuitive... but I won't complain so long as I can figure it out. :)

same link i gave you has a YOUTUBE link on how to do the CSV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett