Need Phone Advice

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So its been a few weeks since the Lumina's have come out and the issue's that some people have been experiencing has convinced me to just wait for Apollo phones later this year. I currently have a HTC Surround which I got the day WindowsPhone was released. I would like to get a different windowsphone (while I wait for apollo) and not go into contract. I'd like to stay in the $200 + or - range. I know buy.com has the focus for $215 and that seems ok, I'd like to avoid the craigslist etc route.

It's unfortunate that I still need my 4s, it makes me feel not totally all in for windowsphone at times. But my Audi has a ipod connector in the glove compartment, so I still need it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So its been a few weeks since the Lumina's have come out and the issue's that some people have been experiencing has convinced me to just wait for Apollo phones later this year. I currently have a HTC Surround which I got the day WindowsPhone was released. I would like to get a different windowsphone (while I wait for apollo) and not go into contract. I'd like to stay in the $200 + or - range. I know buy.com has the focus for $215 and that seems ok, I'd like to avoid the craigslist etc route.

It's unfortunate that I still need my 4s, it makes me feel not totally all in for windowsphone at times. But my Audi has a ipod connector in the glove compartment, so I still need it.
It's all about the "U". First, $215 for a Focus is highway robbery when you can get them much cheaper on eBay. I agree with your take on Craigslist, I hate the low-balling scumbags here in the Magic City. Second, why do you want another WP7 phone in the meantime? As you know, all Windows Phones are basically the same from an operational standpoint because of MS's tight requirements. Aside from different screen sizes or hardware keyboards, they're all pretty much the same. Same screen res, same apps, etc.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Still have to bring an iPhone around because a car has an iPod connector (gimmick), I'm not understanding the reasoning for that. Isn't there an AUX in port in the car or Bluetooth that you can use with WP?

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
@fatclue_98 my Surround gets dust or little particles under the screen around the taskbar. I dont know how it gets there. I assume its a design flaw. its been sent in to HTC 4 times with the same issue and after a few days it happens. I'd also like to use a different WP.

@eric12341I it isnt a gimmick. I plug in my phone into the ipod connector and it plays my music and it uses the bluetooth for hands free calls through the stereo system. I can also upload music from my iphone to the onboard harddrive that the Audi has. i cant do that with my windowsphone because there arent any connector convertors.

mYth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I sold my focus flash on eBay for about 250 when they first came out. You should be able to find them around the same price if not cheaper.

I would also assume you could get some of the older models for that price. Flash, venue pro, maybe htc hd7/s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven