Can't edit synced excel files. Help!!

ch1mmi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what happened but i realized that i can't edit excel files that have been synced or DL'd. Please help anybody.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Are they .xls or .xlsx, if it's the older .xls format it won't be editable in the WP office. Only the office 2007+ XML based files are editable.

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't get files from 2007 edited either - had to convert them using a free trial of 2010. Didn't get all several HUNDRED files converted, just a few that I use regularly. Converted by saving as a new file name in a 2010 MS file application. (Word,Excel) Didn't attempt any of my Power point presentations. Kind of lost impetus after discovering the phone with "native mobile office applications" isn't as integrated as it is advertised.

You can create a file on the phone, then upload to skydrive and as long as you ONLY, ONLY, ONLY edit the skydrive version of the phone ( NOT the one on the tile displaying "phone") the file will sync when the phone connects. But IF you edit the file from the phone tile - that will become a completely separate file but will retain the original file name!

The skydrive app is handy as long as you have wireless connection of some sort, but worthless if you don't. Just remember to only edit the files tied to skydrive.

Yeah, a bit of a "what were they thinking???" interaction with WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12