Bing maps exciting feature

banghaymo

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.

Just to touch on something I haven't heard about but recently stumbled upon. I live in Manchester UK, and regularly use the Arndale Centre for shopping. Now when I search for example for "Boots Manchester" in bing local and click on the map, the whole arndale centre gets an additional layer which shows all the shops inside and I can switch from level 1 to level 2 and so on and find the shops I want in a nice layout. Now you can't see this if you just open bing maps on your phone and zoom in to the arndale centre.
On the bing maps website you can also explore the malls now but I didn't know that feature is also available on the phone which I think is simply amazing:D

Now did you guys now about this or is this really a cool new find?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It works here on Lake Charles. I was able to see a map of the inside of our mall.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I was at Tyson's Corner Mall in North Virginia (USA) and the store rep showed me this a few months ago. It doesn't work in all malls, but maybe some of the more popular ones. For instance, this didn't work in Dulles Town Center. I'm sure they will get to more malls in the future though.

banghaymo

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Im surprised this is even available outside the US. UK and France is available too. On Airports and malls. Best thing about it is that you dont need to update anything. It just works..

Sent from my {HTC HD7} using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I believe google maps on Android can do this. I tried it on my old droid to confirm but it kept locking up.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, droids can. Never knew bing maps had this. Like typical Microsoft products, it somehow never made the news, yet Googles made the front pages...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

banghaymo

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Android has it?? Oh crap... Guess this isn't a Microsoft only feature then. What a shame:[

banghaymo

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, droids can. Never knew bing maps had this. Like typical Microsoft products, it somehow never made the news, yet Googles made the front pages...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yeah why hasn't this feature got any news or mentions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon