Does anyone have tricks for typing on the keyboard?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I've mentioned it before about the keyboard accuracy, and how much worse it has gotten since Mango. Are there any things that people have done to increase the accuracy (such as clearing your dictionary or some other trick), or is it because of my screen size (or screen type) that I'm having such a problem typing (I have the Lumia 710). Has anyone noticed a difference in accuracy amongst devices in typing accuracy (Focus Flash is better than Lumia 710 for example)?

Also, I have forced 8107 to my 710 to cure the disappearing keyboard. I know some people said this fixed their accuracy issues, so perhaps I've installed that wrong?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
What devices do you have? I have the same problems as well, and this never happened on NoDo. Are you all on 8107?

EDIT: Sorry, did notice the devices you use under your avatars. Figure 8, what part of Indiana are you from?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Since I got the 8107 update on my Trophy my keyboard accuracy has improved. Something else that has helped me is the game text, text Revolution. It also gives Microsoft feedback about the keyboard.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize there was multiple people from Indiana here!

I have a 900 and I find it a lot easier to type on than the basic iOS and Android keyboards. It seems to either catch the right letter or auto-correct very well.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Make sure the word correction and suggestions are enabled in settings. Another thing you can do is turn the phone sideways when typing and then using a steady pace.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I actually make more errors the slower I type. When I go faster, the auto correct takes over and I find I'm way more accurate. No idea why that works like that.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually make more errors the slower I type. When I go faster, the auto correct takes over and I find I'm way more accurate. No idea why that works like that.

That's exactly how it is for me as well. I wish I was seeing all the benefits of the keyboard accuracy improving on 8107 as others have been mentioning they've experienced...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos