Appreciate your phones guys, TRUST ME

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The worst possible thing ever occurred to my HD7 last week. I left a glass of water on my nightstand near my phone and I knocked it over while tossing in my sleep. It marinated in water all night. By the morning it was beyond saving.

Being a T-mobile customer, My only other options were the Lumia 710 and the Radar, while nice, a media heavy user like myself really cannot do the 8GB limit. (I flashed a 64 GB card to my HD7.)

SO today I went and got a Nexus android since it was free by resigning a contract, figured it'd hold me til windows 8 came out and i'd just get one early instead of waiting the 2 years

You guys have NO idea how bad it is to have to switch to android and just how much you'll miss your phone once you change. I hate this phone; custom roms, fake wp7 music launchers and all cannot save it. Cherish those live tiles guys and stop worrying about whether your phone will make it to windows 8. It's a sad sad day for me over here

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The worst possible thing ever occurred to my HD7 last week. I left a glass of water on my nightstand near my phone and I knocked it over while tossing in my sleep. It marinated in water all night. By the morning it was beyond saving.

Being a T-mobile customer, My only other options were the Lumia 710 and the Radar, while nice, a media heavy user like myself really cannot do the 8GB limit. (I flashed a 64 GB card to my HD7.)

SO today I went and got a Nexus android since it was free by resigning a contract, figured it'd hold me til windows 8 came out and i'd just get one early instead of waiting the 2 years

You guys have NO idea how bad it is to have to switch to android and just how much you'll miss your phone once you change. I hate this phone; custom roms, fake wp7 music launchers and all cannot save it. Cherish those live tiles guys and stop worrying about whether your phone will make it to windows 8. It's a sad sad day for me over here

Some of us are still holding onto our old HD7, some of us could have sold it to you for a good price.

I would take back your phone because you are stuck on a 2 year contract with that phone. Just buy one off of Ebay or Craigslist.

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Im basically dead broke. I dont even have 40 bucks for a phone, sad to say. college kid, just moved into a new place. I might still check it out though. Most wp7 owners are good people, someone might come through lol

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not I did to an extent. I pulled the sim card and threw it in rice that very morning and didnt touch it for a day while i used a borrowed iphone. Then I even cracked it open (ive done it many times, Im experienced) and peeked around for any liquid droplets. Its funny because it turns on, but it randomly shoots the volume level all the way down while playing music. the microphone is screwed, and its lags and freezes..... like an android. lol

I miss this guy. I really think I should just take the advice above and get another one online. I really just got the instantly android out of instinct. I didnt stop to think of my options. It was early and i was stressed lol

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
try cleaning it with *rubbing alcohol* and a tooth brush ( if you can open it )

Ive seen phones come back from the dead just by doing this. you would have the VERY FIRST ZOMBIE WP!! lol

but yeah , your MIC is probably FINISHED .

Last edited:

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
You could sell the android you just bought and use the money to buy an HD7 off Craigslist or ebay. Just a thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
You could sell the android you just bought and use the money to buy an HD7 off Craigslist or ebay. Just a thought.

Genius. damn genius. I might do it. By the way, does would every phone from AT&T only work on EDGE if unlocked and used with TMobile? my roommate found a Focus and it has an awesome screen and has SD card capability too

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

try cleaning it with *rubbing alcohol* and a tooth brush ( if you can open it )

Ive seen phones come back from the dead just by doing this. you would have the VERY FIRST ZOMBIE WP!! lol

but yeah , your MIC is probably FINISHED .

lmao where exactly should I be cleaning? even if its screwed, I'll still use it as a media player/xbox remote if i can get it to stopp freezing up

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Genius. damn genius. I might do it. By the way, does would every phone from AT&T only work on EDGE if unlocked and used with TMobile? my roommate found a Focus and it has an awesome screen and has SD card capability too

For the most part yes, but there are some areas where At&t has farmed out some 3g, and people in those areas with t-mobile can get 3g access using an at&t phone or bands compatible with at&t.

Thou who knows what areas that occurs, it might just a cell tower hear and there.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, switching to a completely different OS seems like an odd way to tackle the less than 16GB issue. Also, have you considered now going to Craigslist and offering a trade for an HD7 using your Nexus? I'd get some extra cash to balance it out. Also dude just change your expectations, do you seriously need to carry 64GB of media with you at all times?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
lmao where exactly should I be cleaning? even if its screwed, I'll still use it as a media player/xbox remote if i can get it to stopp freezing up

well if you COMPLETELY open up your phone and competently take it ALL apart...

CLEAN IT ALL!, lol that's the best bet! any metal = clean it.

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, switching to a completely different OS seems like an odd way to tackle the less than 16GB issue. Also, have you considered now going to Craigslist and offering a trade for an HD7 using your Nexus? I'd get some extra cash to balance it out. Also dude just change your expectations, do you seriously need to carry 64GB of media with you at all times?

uhhh, yeah, I do. Are you me? do you live my lifestyle? do you work for clear channel radio and write weekly articles on album reviews and taking concert pics and recording clips of interviews?

I didnt ask for criticism on my phone choices, I don't care about how the **** you use your phone, dont worry about how I use mine bro. I chose android because they're the only major phone UI with expandable storage (not counting sorry blackberry.) My co-workers all use them for work; THATS why I chose it. happy now?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
uhhh, yeah, I do. Are you me? do you live my lifestyle? do you work for clear channel radio and write weekly articles on album reviews and taking concert pics and recording clips of interviews?

I didnt ask for criticism on my phone choices, I don't care about how the **** you use your phone, dont worry about how I use mine bro. I chose android because they're the only major phone UI with expandable storage (not counting sorry blackberry.) My co-workers all use them for work; THATS why I chose it. happy now?

Calm down (I'm sorry), my point is I highly doubt you access all 64GB at all times as you walk down the street. Just ask yourself what's more important to you, something that you use every minute (the OS/hardware) or something that you only make use of over long stretches of time (ALL 64GB). You record a ton of stuff, okay that's a good reason. But you're telling me you can't offload that/upload to skydrive/figure out another way? What if you lose your device, it's just all gone. Anyway good luck.

I should add that I believe the Dell Venue Pro is also moddable internally, I think quite a few WP7 devices are.

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Calm down (I'm sorry), my point is I highly doubt you access all 64GB at all times as you walk down the street. Just ask yourself what's more important to you, something that you use every minute (the OS/hardware) or something that you only make use of over long stretches of time (ALL 64GB). You record a ton of stuff, okay that's a good reason. But you're telling me you can't offload that/upload to skydrive/figure out another way? What if you lose your device, it's just all gone. Anyway good luck.

I should add that I believe the Dell Venue Pro is also moddable internally, I think quite a few WP7 devices are.
you're right, i apologize, it's just that i've gotten used to getting criticized over needing more than 16gbs you know? it happens a lot here.

the dell venue pro I actually wanted to find but no one around tampa had one. I did find a guy who had an hd7 and hated it, (an idiot) so i might see what he'd wanna do in terms of trading with a few 20s getting tossed my way too. Thanks though you guys, all of you. you were great help

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

This thread is typical of WP7 users when other people point out limitations of the OS. A lot of us don't feel like "managing" our media to make sure we stay under the artificial 16 GB limit of current WP7 offerings. We don't feel like looking for substitutes for applications we like (I have a whole list that I use all the time on Android). It doesn't matter "how much better" WP7 is than Android any more than it mattered "how much better" Mac Os was than either DOS or early Windows was. If you are the underdog and looking to attract new customers (not just a few dumb or feature phone users) you need to be BETTER than the competition in all ways or you're going to fail - WebOS was way better than iOS or Android and a complete failure in the marketplace. The smartphone market is way more mature and saying people should just switch because WP7 is so elegant and better has worked very poorly so far. How's it going to do when Microsoft abandons WP7 for WP8 - that's going to really engender some loyalty and confidence in MS.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
This thread is typical of WP7 users when other people point out limitations of the OS. A lot of us don't feel like "managing" our media to make sure we stay under the artificial 16 GB limit of current WP7 offerings. We don't feel like looking for substitutes for applications we like (I have a whole list that I use all the time on Android). It doesn't matter "how much better" WP7 is than Android any more than it mattered "how much better" Mac Os was than either DOS or early Windows was. If you are the underdog and looking to attract new customers (not just a few dumb or feature phone users) you need to be BETTER than the competition in all ways or you're going to fail - WebOS was way better than iOS or Android and a complete failure in the marketplace. The smartphone market is way more mature and saying people should just switch because WP7 is so elegant and better has worked very poorly so far. How's it going to do when Microsoft abandons WP7 for WP8 - that's going to really engender some loyalty and confidence in MS.

and what does that have to do with this thread?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss