so i know some of you have been eyeing the one x..

surfboy1990

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I love my lumia but I know it mostly due to hardware so now I'm stuck to weather return it for that new pretty one x or a galaxy note? I hope Nokia comes out with another great phone once win8 comes out but at the moment goodbye fellow N900 users..

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm done with Android. I'm hoping WP develops into a great platform and brings tons of more features with future updates.

The last straw for me with Android is the serious OS fragmentation. Were in the verge of Google IO and there are still devices that haven't been updated to ICS, blame who you may but the ultimate cause for this was Google letting manufacturers run a muck with the Android OS. I was a big advocate of openness but now Android opened up my eyes that that's always not good for the users. With WP OS you get the same experience across the board with any device or carrier.

As far as the One X, sense sucks, you can have it and most of us have moved on.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My mom got a One X. It's an amazing device. Have fun with it.

Sense on ICS is different than on FroYo/GB so unless you're used the phone a decent amount you can't seriously have an opinion of it.

Decent OS, great camera, and reviews have coined it a Battery Champion.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm done with Android. I'm hoping WP develops into a great platform and brings tons of more features with future updates.

The last straw for me with Android is the serious OS fragmentation. Were in the verge of Google IO and there are still devices that haven't been updated to ICS, blame who you may but the ultimate cause for this was Google letting manufacturers run a muck with the Android OS. I was a big advocate of openness but now Android opened up my eyes that that's always not good for the users. With WP OS you get the same experience across the board with any device or carrier.

As far as the One X, sense sucks, you can have it and most of us have moved on.

I hate Sense, but Sense 4.0 is awesome. It's lightweight, fast, and actually pleasant to look at, not bloated at all, not like 3.5/3.6.
The One X hardware is simply astounding. It's probably the best hardware on the market in terms of form, build quality, and specs. I wish Verizon had a One X variant.

surfboy1990

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Sense is probably the biggest thing keeping me more towards the galaxy note. Also the x has a locked boot loader.

And yes the fragmentation is horrible and windows is definitely way smoother. And unfortunately I feel a little edgy investing into the ecosystem at the moment. When things change i will definitely be back

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I hate Sense, but Sense 4.0 is awesome. It's lightweight, fast, and actually pleasant to look at, not bloated at all, not like 3.5/3.6.
The One X hardware is simply astounding. It's probably the best hardware on the market in terms of form, build quality, and specs. I wish Verizon had a One X variant.

No it's not, why? If you ever had a chance to use a Galaxy Nexus you would see how much better ICS in an untouched state. Sense takes away from what could be a great experience and dilutes it to what HTC wants you to experience.

ICS is perfect as it is and does not need a skin or manufacturer overlay.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
No it's not, why? If you ever had a chance to use a Galaxy Nexus you would see how much better ICS in an untouched state. Sense takes away from what could be a great experience and dilutes it to what HTC wants you to experience.

ICS is perfect as it is and does not need a skin or manufacturer overlay.

Agreed, I prefer AOSP, but if you've spent some time with 4.0, it's gotten a lot better. It's visually appealing (a bit too bubbly for me) and actually adds to the experience, in my opinion. And the One X camera is awesome--ImageSense is the real deal.

It's just too bad the Galaxy Nexus is such a ****ty phone, 'cause stock ICS is fantastic. Bad camera and bad signal.

Edit: locked bootloader sucks though. It sounds like there might be a crack in the works though. And the Note is an awesome phone. AT&T has all the tempting Android phones right now, I'm jealous over on Verizon with craptastic Razr and Nexus. Rezound is a good phone though, if you ignore the Beats branding.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, I prefer AOSP, but if you've spent some time with 4.0, it's gotten a lot better. It's visually appealing (a bit too bubbly for me) and actually adds to the experience, in my opinion. And the One X camera is awesome--ImageSense is the real deal.

It's just too bad the Galaxy Nexus is such a ****ty phone, 'cause stock ICS is fantastic. Bad camera and bad signal.

Edit: locked bootloader sucks though. It sounds like there might be a crack in the works though.

I agree the GN is a crappy device (samsung) but it's the only Android device I would recommend even over the One X. The One X is pretty has the bells and whistles but in time it's going to fall into the same fragmentation hole that every non Google device experiences.

Android is deteriorating in my eyes and I know it's going to get worse and I'm a former Android ******.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I agree the GN is a crappy device (samsung) but it's the only Android device I would recommend even over the One X. The One X is pretty has the bells and whistles but in time it's going to fall into the same fragmentation hole that every non Google device experiences.

Android is deteriorating in my eyes and I know it's going to get worse and I'm a former Android ******.

Fragmentation is non-issue for 98% of Android users. They wouldn't know an ice cream sandwich from a froyo unless they were eating it.
And I think it's fair to say your argument is totally backwards--Android's marketshare is over 50% just as both the hardware and software have taken not just an incremental move forward but a leap forward. They've probably hit the highest % of the marketshare they'll control, and might even recede a bit, but I'd bet they'll consolidate their gains and it won't go below 40% for a long time.
Fragmentation is simply not going to get worse. Google is cracking the whip and has made it totally clear they expect more out of the OEMs. Hence the move on HTC's part for hero devices (even if they don't seem to be sticking to it). Samsung will probably figure out it can't release a Galaxy S3 LTE SuperSkyRocket Maxx+++ and pare back the number of devices it releases too, which should make the software update process much simpler.

surfboy1990

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Edit: locked bootloader sucks though. It sounds like there might be a crack in the works though. And the Note is an awesome phone. AT&T has all the tempting Android phones right now, I'm jealous over on Verizon with craptastic Razr and Nexus. Rezound is a good phone though, if you ignore the Beats branding.

I agree with the craptastic choice on Verizon which is why I left even my nexus with its issues and nothing better than it to fall back on

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
My mom got a One X. It's an amazing device. Have fun with it.

Sense on ICS is different than on FroYo/GB so unless you're used the phone a decent amount you can't seriously have an opinion of it.

Decent OS, great camera, and reviews have coined it a Battery Champion.
I agree it a good device really. While I do love my 900. The thing is I'm too scared of the scams and other stuff when I download apps at the google play store. I came to wp becuase the store was free of malware and no scams and stuff.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I agree it a good device really. While I do love my 900. The thing is I'm too scared of the scams and other stuff when I download apps at the google play store. I came to wp becuase the store was free of malware and no scams and stuff.

Unless you're downloading Chinese Sexytime Funcity Stud Poker or something from the market there's simply nothing to worry about

Edit: whatever happened to that sms reboot exploit that hit WP a while back? Was it patched?

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I love my lumia but I know it mostly due to hardware so now I'm stuck to weather return it for that new pretty one x or a galaxy note? I hope Nokia comes out with another great phone once win8 comes out but at the moment goodbye fellow N900 users..

I thought about it to until my friend got the One X. The time gets messed up, his battery meter is flubbed at 99% unless he restarts it, and I have seen the dreaded stutter/lag.

It is a beautiful device and its hardware is actually future proofed unlike the current Windows Phone 7.5 devices.

Up to you on what to do. Is the user experience more important than quality hardware? I stayed with the Lumia but realize I may have to switch OS's again if Microsoft orphans their third mobile OS.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think ice cream sandwich has really upped the game for android. I have played with a galaxy nexus and I really don't see any advantages my trophy have over it. From what I read the reception in the nexus will be fixed in the 4.04 update for those who haven't rooted and flashed those radios yet. As far as the one x that camera and software is impressive.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Nexus and HTC One X. I'll be returning my One X tonight and selling off my Galaxy Nexus. I enjoyed flashing ROMs but eventually got tired of it on my Galaxy Nexus. Sense still lags on the One X so it's not that enjoyable.

I feel like Android is too much like iOS. And if I were to choose between Android and iOS I would choose iOS just because the apps UI looks more polished than Android.

But the Lumia 900 and WP OS has so far provided a very nice perceived smoothness and presents new ways to do things which I find more intuitive than the other OSes. I can't wait to see what Nokia and WP8 brings in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss