Email Account Syncing

blitz inc

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have this persistent problem with my email accounts and I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

I have a separate email account on my phone which I synced using the 'advanced setup' options. Everything will work fine for a while, but eventually it prompts me to put in my password again. Even after I do this, it does not sync, and I have to play around with the account settings for a while (sometimes it takes longer than others) to get it to reload my emails.

Does anyone know why this happens and if it can be fixed? Or is it just a bug in the OS? Thanks.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Not sure. I have had this happen a few times with my Yahoo account, but after a few password prompts, all is good for several months. I suspect its a server issue, along with a erroneous message.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is an issue on the mail server. Its mostly with yahoo. I read somewhere that you need to set some permissions on the yahoo server

Sent via Lumia 900 using Board Express

dazmiq

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Thankyou Mayoo ... at last ...

I have been struggling with this ever since I bought my Nokia Lumia 800. I gave up and resorted to logging onto Yahoo Mail from my phone's web browser (very inconvenient and annoying).

Thanks to our wonderful friend Mayoo, I found the solution that - finally - worked for me:

1. Log onto your Yahoo Mail account from a computer.
2. Click on "Options" > "Mail Options" > "POP & Forwarding"
3. Check the "Access Yahoo!7 Mail via POP "
4. There is a drop-down menu for treatment of SPAM; choose whichever option suits you
5. Click "Save" et voila my Lumia 800 is syncing perfectly :happy:

Hope this works for you ...

Thanks again Mayoo

sakichi1

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I know this thread is a little old, but I'm having this same problem. Just started a few weeks ago. I've set the YahooMail settings to PoP and all...but nothing works. Anyone else having this issue again?

sakichi1

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Uuuuhhhh...nevermind. Now after weeks of trying all these things and setting the POP and all...it suddenly clicked in and worked 2 minutes after posting the first comment. *sigh*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)