Anyone w/ a windows phone, ever had the browser do this?

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
315mosm.jpg

Samsung Focus S

34dotfn.jpg

Lumia 900

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REU4NHzPSM[/YT]
Has anyone ever had this happen when viewing the verge or any other websites using your windows phone? It happens to me quite a bit, at least once a day.

When this happens, basically the browser just crashes, and when you go back to it, the tab that you were viewing that made things get all wonky is closed. All other tabs are unaffected. MSFT support said they were looking into it, but were unable to replicate the behavior after getting my phone model, firmware #, OS# zip code, and carrier...

I don't remember this ever happening on my Focus, but has happened on my soon to be sold Focus S, and on my Lumia 900 as well...all on either. Focus S on 7720 and 8109 and Lumia 900 on 8112.

CRDeveloper

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I visited the same link and it worked. I've seen mine crashing on websites with a lot of big pictures, like more than 30 pictures 800px plus...

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Happens all the time on TMZ.com. This is the full site, not the mobile one.

I don't think anything of it, though, because it's clear the site is horribly coded. For example, scrolling often has a significant delay/lag on my DESKTOP browser.(It may crash that browser as well; but I think nothing of desktop crashes.)

IE Mobile 9 actually still crashes far less than every desktop browser I've ever used.

EDIT: This occurs both on my original Focus and my Titan, BTW.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I see that once every 2 weeks for a split second or so, then everything goes back to normal. Its nothing anywhere near what I used to get on my axim x51v in the WM5 days.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
correction just happened to me when trying out tmz.com but only for that site ive tried the verge engadget and other image intensive sites and it works fine

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, but on my Titan whenever visiting heavy-content sites (such as xda) IE crashes, and goes back to the homescreen. Sometimes when switching tabs, the address bar disappears and display remains blank, by "blank" I mean blank page, like when you open a tab. But at times, the page still renders but no address bar, so like the page is still there but theres a blank bar at the bottom.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
It happens on the local deals section on slickdeals site every time for me, then the explorer just closes. Can't view that page with my phone.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The Verge has a beautiful site, but it's too heavy. I haven't bothered to investigate whether it's pure data that has to be pulled in or heavy use of JavaScript and the like, but it's definitely not mobile-friendly in its desktop version. The mobile version works great for me, but I wish there was an easily accessible mobile-desktop toggle (and maybe per-site settings?) a la Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb