adobe flash player help or work around,

sutt1576

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
hi guys

i have a HTC 7 pro and love the phone due to its slide out keyboard feature. but i do have an issue with i buy things from live onilne auction ( not ebay ) and the site i use needs flash player to work. this phone does not support flash so i am unable to buy while on the move,

does anyone know how i can get flash to work on this phone or get a work around to allow the sites to work as i really dont want to replace the phone.

anyone have a date when flash will work on the windows phones,

thanks for any help.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
hi guys

i have a HTC 7 pro and love the phone due to its slide out keyboard feature. but i do have an issue with i buy things from live onilne auction ( not ebay ) and the site i use needs flash player to work. this phone does not support flash so i am unable to buy while on the move,

does anyone know how i can get flash to work on this phone or get a work around to allow the sites to work as i really dont want to replace the phone.

anyone have a date when flash will work on the windows phones,

thanks for any help.
Flash is never gonna happen. What site are you using?

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea flash is never gonna happen. It's even dead on android phones. To my understanding even new android phones don't support flash on the browser anymore

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Yea flash is never gonna happen. It's even dead on android phones. To my understanding even new android phones don't support flash on the browser anymore

Its the otherway around. Adobe no longer supports Android. Or more specifically, Adobe no longer supports mobile devices, which includes Android, WP, iOS, Symbian, etc.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I wish websites would just switch to HTML already. Then we wont have a need for a mobile version or webkit or whatever else.

sutt1576

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Flash is never gonna happen. What site are you using?
thed the site i am using is the salesroom.com.

i have a sony ericsson xperia play ( well my son does ) and that supports flash and runs the site with no issues. but i cant keep taking his phone.

so from reading above if flash is not going to get mobile support where does that leave us all as most sites run flash does these mean phone browsing is goingto stop ? i cant see that happening,

so anyone know how i can run these sites now as the phones are getting better each week yet i cant seem to run basic features from them like wedsites,

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
so from reading above if flash is not going to get mobile support where does that leave us all as most sites run flash does these mean phone browsing is goingto stop ? i cant see that happening

No, most sites do not run Flash and as has been said, Adobe itself has abandoned mobile Flash development. Apple has always refused to support it because it's garbage that slows the phone down and sucks up battery life, this is the same reason Windows Phone doesn't support it. Android supports it because Google does not care about controlling the absolute quality of the end user experience the way Apple and Microsoft do.

Flash doesn't even work all that great on computers. Try running a bunch of flash apps on a laptop and watch it get hotter and hotter and the battery life drop. This is why some browsers even have plug-ins to disable Flash.

Adobe is finally accepting that Flash sucks and they are working on a whole new platform called Adobe AIR. They are probably going to let Flash linger on the desktop for a while yet because some developers are lazy and it's going to take forever to eradicate that garbage from the Internet, but AIR will probably replace Flash there too eventually.

So where it leaves us is, if web developers want their sites to be accessible to the ever increasing number of mobile users, they are going to have to walk away from Flash, or at the bare minimum, make alternate mobile sites that don't use it (MANY already do this) or develop smartphone apps to give the user a better experience than any website would.

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I think there's an app that downloads flash videos and converts it to something the phone understands or something like that. Its in the videos section of the app marketplace.

Though I've never used it. . . .

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
flash = replaced by HTML5

all sites are switching , like anything it takes time. only BIG sites started support for HTML5.

like when WP will get dual-core .. ist actually gona be worst for your phone till they actually start developing and optimizing apps/OS for Dual-core support....

like anything it takes time!!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
OP, it looks like that site is dead anyway. The domain name is for sale.

snapshot25.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes