Samsung Focus used for Straight Talk MMS help needed!!!

Jesika2289

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
So I activated my phone today with Straight Talk. The prepaid plan through Wal Mart. I got the APN settings good to go go but I can't send or receive pictures or get anything to download from the marketplace. I tried to do the download sdk file and go from there but when I do my phone says the file isn't supported. Please help!

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
You can't get pictures or multi-page texts no matter what. My GF has a Focus on straight talk and everything works except that.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I tried but I can't even get passed the first step. I feel like an idiot lol. Can't my phone to download that file.
The Windows SDK goes on your computer, not your phone. It's over 1/2 gig so be patient and make sure you have a good broadband connection.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You can't get pictures or multi-page texts no matter what. My GF has a Focus on straight talk and everything works except that.
It works, trust me. I've done it on a Focus and Omnia7. If you have a custom ROM, I 've heard it doesn't work.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I use my Focus Flash on Straight talk and didn't do all that stuff.

That is because the Focus S, Focus Flash, and maybe Focus 2 have the Wireless Manager which allows us manually enter apn data has needed.

Do you have working MMS? If you do, there's a lot of people here that would like to know how you did it without mods.

I do but I have Flash. took me a few days to get all features working..

The Focus S, Flash, Focus 2 (?) do not need to be modded. We can edit Apn Data with Wireless Manager App.

Orig Focus has network profile app, but you cannot edit Apn Data MMS fields with that. You have to mod like you did with yours..

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you have working MMS? If you do, there's a lot of people here that would like to know how you did it without mods.
I do have working MMS and working marketplace and my phone is not unlocked or anything else.

First you need to go to marketplace and download the wireless manager under the samsung zone.

To do that you will need to be on Wi-Fi probably.

Then open Wireless Manager and slide over for APN.
WPSMOBI_APN
Profile: others
APN: wap.cingular.
Auth Type: none
Proxy Address: wireless.cingular.com
Proxy domain: moservices.microsoft.com
proxy port: 80

Internet_line
Profile Category: internet (always on)
APN: att.mvno
EVERYTHING ELSE IS BLANK.

MMS:
Profile Category: mms
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
Proxy Address: 66.209.11.33
Proxy Port: 80

Under Settings go to Cellular:
Edit APN

Everything else blank.

rewbie

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
More of a potential idiot over here!

I'm SO bad with phones.

I have a Samsung Focus i917 unlocked. I can't edit the apn settings - only can enter the APN, User name, and Password.

Is that my Straighttalk username and password?

How do I use the Windows sdk? Is there a certain kind? Do I download it to my computer and then...?

Ahh! I'm sorry - I am soo lost. I can't open picture messages or send them... and who knows what else since I just got it working today and don't know what else doesn't work. All these forums talk at a level way beyond my ability or understanding. And the thought of modifying and downloading stuff is a little overwhelming. Any guidance is SO appreciated!!

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Focus i917 unlocked.
I can't edit the apn settings - only can enter the APN, User name, and Password.

Is that my Straighttalk username and password?

How do I use the Windows sdk? Is there a certain kind? Do I download it to my computer and then...?

Ahh! I'm sorry - I am soo lost. I can't open picture messages or send them... and who knows what else since I just got it working today and don't know what else doesn't work.

Getting the all the features to work correctly on Orignal Focus i917 is somewhat tricky..texting and picture message's and getting data to work correctly. You have mod your phone slighty.

But all the steps are laid out for you already over in this thread. If you take your time a follow the directions very closely then you should have everything working.

Focus and StraightTalk thread ,

post 17 contains the details if you get lost in a step then post in this thread we can help

Windows Phone SDK download is needed

chakalosa48

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
could someone help me please i just purchased a sim card for my phone from straight talk im able to do everything but receive or sent pic someone please help

Maria Carranza

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
reply:sconrad308

i tryed what u said it worked for about a day with me and than it stop'ed for some reason i don't now why it was working fine i contacted but they said they canot do any thing ......any why i thought u might now senses u helped with the other person but iif not i will thank you have a wonderfull day.:sweaty:

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is that for some reason the apn settings were lost. Double check the settings in the wireless manager. Does it make phone calls?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss