Any way to delete a recipient from email history list?

turbulent28

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hope I can relay the question clearly.

So..

Had an email account. Used it to send a few messages, but then ended up deleting that account.

The person (recipient) however still pops up whenever i start typing someones name which also starts with the same letter.

Ive deleted the contact in my people hub, made sure all emails/feeds contacts were filtered...

But I cant seem to make that persons name NOT appear.

cant hold and delete.. That just deletes it off the "TO:" line but not the history list.

Thanks

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to say I believe the only thing that you can do is hard reset your phone. I actually like this feature.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to say I believe the only thing that you can do is hard reset your phone. I actually like this feature.

Remembering addresses I've typed is a nice feature. Having to do a hard reset to remove an address I mis-typed one time is not such a nice feature.

Snoops8

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the only way to get rid of it is to do a hard reset. Which sucks if you replied to a few people in Craigslist -- they now show up in your email history forever.

Speaking of which, the OS will also duplicate contacts in your history list if they write their names different than what's in your contact list. For example, say I have the name Doe, John stored in my contact list. However, they have their name set up to be read as John Doe when they send emails. If I reply, John Doe is now stored forever in my email history as well. So, whenever I start typing in John's name, both Doe, John and John Doe show up in the history even though they have the same email address.

Kind of annoying, I agree. I'm hoping they will change it in future iterations. I posted a suggestion to fix this on their website awhile ago, I think. Last I checked though, no one voted for the feature. I would rather them only list email addresses that are present in my contact list.

Thankfully, compared to my experiences with Android and iOS, this problem is peanuts. But still...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac