1st time I met another Windows Phone owner and it sucked..

JustinMSalvato

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
So while waiting for the elevator at work today, I heard what sounded like the default chime for a Windows Phone voice mail. The man in front of me picked up his phone, but I couldn't see it clearly yet. When we got on the elevator, I looked over and began a conversation, that went like this:

"You have a Windows Phone. Thought I was the only one. Looks like a Samsung Focus."

"I want a different phone. I want the one my son has."

"What's wrong with your phone?"

"It doesn't have 3 apps that I want including my bank app. My son's Android has those apps."

At this point, I thought, "really, apps? the banking mobile site isn't good enough?" Whatever. So my devotion to Windows Phone got the best of me and I couldn't let him leave the building without throwing an insult his way.

As we walked off the elevator and he was walking towards the exit...

"So you're getting an Android."

"Yeah, it has everything."

"Including bugs..."

"Yeah." He said with a smile.

Hope my next encounter with a Windows Phone owner is a positive one.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
well, he'll be back once wp8 hits and all the app he needs start popping up... hey, ive yet to see anyone carry a wp here in vancouver other than the ones i convinced

Ray E.

May 26, 2012
Visit site
So while waiting for the elevator at work today, I heard what sounded like the default chime for a Windows Phone voice mail. The man in front of me picked up his phone, but I couldn't see it clearly yet. When we got on the elevator, I looked over and began a conversation, that went like this:

"You have a Windows Phone. Thought I was the only one. Looks like a Samsung Focus."

"It doesn't have 3 apps that I want including my bank app. My son's Android has those apps."

At this point, I thought, "really, apps? the banking mobile site isn't good enough?" Whatever. So my devotion to Windows Phone got the best of me and I couldn't let him leave the building without throwing an insult his way.

"Including bugs..."

Hilarious. :-D

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

"Including bugs..."

Too bad the moron didn't look at pageonce. Best financial app I've seen in a while. webOS had a Wells Fargo app and it wasn't nearly as complete as pageonce.

JustinMSalvato

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Android vs Windows Phone vs iOS

Some people just don't see beyond apps.
Some people want to customize everything.
Some people like to tweak their phone so much that it becomes useless.

Those people gravitate towards Android.

Some people like what others tell them to like.
Some people like cold, metallic designs, both in hardware & software.
Some people would jump off a thousand foot cliff because their friends are doing it.

Those people gravitate towards Apple products.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yet another one lost to the urge to have all the apps. What would a bank app do? Tell you your balance? You can do that with most banks these days by sending them a text message. I don't have a bank account or any of that, so I don't really know how in depth a bank app is going to be... but I know for a fact that I'd probably only check my bank account to see my balance, and you can do that by text message.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Some bank apps on Android allow you to take a picture of a check and deposit it. How safe this actually is is beyond me. But yea I would've mentioned pageonce before insulting the person.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Some bank apps on Android allow you to take a picture of a check and deposit it. How safe this actually is is beyond me. But yea I would've mentioned pageonce before insulting the person.

Wow... We are really getting that lazy to need an application on our smart device in order to deposit a check? -_- That, disgusts me to be quite honest. Can't just go to the bank and deposit it yourself, nope... "I HAVE AN APP FOR THAT".

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow... We are really getting that lazy to need an application on our smart device in order to deposit a check? -_- That, disgusts me to be quite honest. Can't just go to the bank and deposit it yourself, nope... "I HAVE AN APP FOR THAT".

You're looking at this solely from your perspective. Some of us are members of awesome banks (or credit unions) such as USAA and would never switch to an inferior bank just to have a B&M nearby. So on the rare occasion where I have a paper check, I love the fact that I can cash a check just by taking a picture of it on my phone and have the funds in my account immediately.

Lots of "lazy" people shop on Amazon and Newegg, etc. as well. Just because it's not for you doesn't mean that it is wrong.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Heheh my sentiments exactly. Beat me to it. Definitely interesting how technology has made people lazy. It's not a bash against tech though. Tech is great because it makes our lives easier no doubt, but that doesn't mean one can't do the same task a different way. It's wouldn't necessarily be that big of an inconvenience. I guess some people just check their brains at the door though.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You're looking at this solely from your perspective. Some of us are members of awesome banks (or credit unions) such as USAA and would never switch to an inferior bank just to have a B&M nearby. So on the rare occasion where I have a paper check, I love the fact that I can cash a check just by taking a picture of it on my phone and have the funds in my account immediately.

Lots of "lazy" people shop on Amazon and Newegg, etc. as well. Just because it's not for you doesn't mean that it is wrong.

See, now I can understand that rare occasion... but for most of us, we don't have that rare occasion. I shop at Newegg / Tiger Direct... 'cause around here we don't have any stores for that sort of stuff, yet again rare occasion. I was just thinking as a general thing, it shows certain people are lazy.

Heheh my sentiments exactly. Beat me to it. Definitely interesting how technology has made people lazy. It's not a bash against tech though. Tech is great because it makes our lives easier no doubt, but that doesn't mean one can't do the same task a different way. It's wouldn't necessarily be that big of an inconvenience. I guess some people just check their brains at the door though.

I just think certain things people don't necessarily have to go out of their way for. I love technology, my entire life revolves around technology... but there just isn't tradition left, or doing things the "hard" way... because it's more and more at our fingertips. Makes me think of movie Idiocracy... and how we're continuing to go down that path.

ANYWAYS to be back on topic, I haven't met anyone with a WP device... I haven't even seen one in the wild and I don't know ANYONE with one. Everyone around here has an iPhone, a few of my friends that had Androids or BlackBerry's switched to iPhone's to be part of the local crowd. I hope I see one in the wild, it'd be cool to actually talk to a person that has one and see how they like it.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Some of y'all sound like blackberry forum members. Full of malware or not, the current android experience is not what it was a year or so ago. Very fluid. And yes, the low end ones are prone to being laggy but generalizing the whole experience as bugs and lags is narrow minded. Yes the Droid bionic has issues, yes the vzw nexus has issues, etc. But so does my Nokia. I seem to reboot it everyday cause it hangs when I go to any contact tile or my me tile. The camera is the only one I know that has bad auto settings. See the pattern? Let people pick what they want and be happy with it.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There is a guy who works with us who keeps harping on the fact that my phone can't have this app or that. Yet he spends endless hours trying to come up with the right theme. So just to be a dink I told him to put the dame phone away and get some actual work done or buy a WP7 device where you don't have spend hours trying to get it right because it already is..

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Lazy? It's about having better things to do than drive to a bank. You sound like a grumpy old man. If I were you I'd make sure to never use the ATM, either. Are you too lazy to wait in line inside the branch? Also never use your bank card at a store. If you run out of cash just drive - no, walk to the bank, fill out a withdrawal slip, and wait in line to get more cash you lazy *******.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett