Post photo to business Facebook Page

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I have a business FB page that I admin and I can't figure out how to post a picture to that page. If I use the built in settings in WP to post a photo, of course, it will post to my personal wall. The WP Facebook app doesn't seem to allow posting a photo to a page, only a comment on the wall, not a photo. If I use the FB Mobile page from Internet Explorer, it will not let me post a photo either. It says, the browser you are using doesn't support posting photos.

Am I missing something or is it just not possible?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
One thing that is confusing me about your post is that the Facebook app does permit you to to post photos. I have done it several time. Unless it is a restriction with business accounts which you may be able to change in setting on their site.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an app called page manager that allows me to post stuff to the facebook page I have. I haven't tried using it to put a picture on it though.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
One thing that is confusing me about your post is that the Facebook app does permit you to to post photos. I have done it several time. Unless it is a restriction with business accounts which you may be able to change in setting on their site.

You can post photos to your personal FB page, not to a page you admin. It's not a business account. You use your personal account to admin other pages you create.

Scottcraft: I looked at Page Manager and it doesn't post photos either.

Pretty frustrating you can't do this.

danmorrissey

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Seesmic

I manage about 10 facebook pages for work, and not being able to do this from my Windows Phone has been a problem on a number of occasions. During events etc, when I'm out and about. We're sorely missing a Hootsuite app for this platform.

I have previously found "Seesmic Ping" which seems to be the only app that can put photos and posts on FB Page walls. However, a recent update seems to have borked the log-in process and they've also apparently stopped supporting pages.

Facebook's apps for other platforms allow you to update pages too, I hope they sort this properly for WP at some point. We're still missing a lot of features compared to iOS and Android.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Can't you go to the page/group that you manage, and add the photo to the pages wall there? I've done this several times with my class's page. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by business page.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

danmorrissey

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Can't you go to the page/group that you manage, and add the photo to the pages wall there? I've done this several times with my class's page. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by business page.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
Groups work, Pages (used to be Fan Pages, the ones you "Like") do not.

I've just checked on the official FB WP app and you can post statuses as your "Page", and check in to places (which is a bit redundant if your business isn't a person or travelling business!) but you can't add a photo. I hope this comes in the next update.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
As a work around, I have found that if you link your FB page to Twitter, then you can post a photo to Twitter and it will show up on your FB page. Shouldn't have to do it this way though.

AdventureMoMo

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I found a way to post photos to facebook.

Under the "Settings" icon > Manage Page > Mobile

Listed as the first option is a custom email you can send your photos to on Facebook. I just tested and and it works. Definitely more cumbersome than a dashboard app but you can post pictures to your business' page with relative ease. I have posted a suggestion for Social Media Management Applications in the WP forums. Best of luck.

alfadoc99

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I found another way, at least with the UC Browser: when on a page, tap the three dots, then swipe from General to Settings, and at the bottom of the list you can toggle between Visit as Phone and Visit as PC; in the latter setting, you can post pics from m.facebook to a page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb