Zune & Windows compatibility is terrible

M

mkr10001

Putting some tv shows on my lumia. In windows explorer if I set the title of the mp4 file to the episode title it shows up as the title. Perfect.

If I add it to Zune, and set it to TV show then give it the TV series title, it changed the title field in explorer to the title of the tv show...not the episode...so anything other than zune or my phone shows the title as the tv series title, not the episodes title...

What a mess....

greensea

May 29, 2012
Visit site
you should tag the files. zune let you do it but third party software does it quicker. i use mp3tag as well. hardly rename the actual files anymore.

M

mkr10001

You have to also change the metadata, not just the file name. Mp3tag should do the trick: Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

(Not sure how Zune handles video .mp4 data, never used it, although all my music is in .mp4 and Zune changes the metadata correctly.)

you should tag the files. zune let you do it but third party software does it quicker. i use mp3tag as well. hardly rename the actual files anymore.

I am tagging them...that is the issue.....

Every other program out there sets the standard 'Title' tag of the mp4 file to the episode title...but zune sets the 'title' tag to the tv series title......That's the problem..it's nothing to do with renaming files.

Because it does this...when I play it on my playbook or even on my computer the title tag gets displayed which zune set as the tv series title.....

I can always transfer it to my phone then change it back but I shouldn't have to do that with two microsoft programs...

i'm yet to test this but my theory is that they will sync BACK to my computer if I change the file after I sync it TO my phone :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes