I can't wait for Monday & Wednesday

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, in BB10 the Notification is on the right. It would be perfect for the Notification on WP7 to be on the left.

Also I really want them to improve the keyboard, it's terrible. Sometimes it has an Enter Button and somethings you need to press a weird U-turn looking key(shift?), sometimes it has neat shorcuts like @ and .com. The constant changes drive me crazy and I'm tired of pressing 'Enter" and end up jumping the line. Also for some reason it doesnt goes fully complete when sideways, wasting precious space =/. It needs a complete overhaul.

The different keyboards is normal. iOS does it too. It's up to the developer as to which keyboard they want to present.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's the Microsoft Surface!

What an amazing design: 9.3 mm thick and 0.7 mm for the stand. Less than 1.5 pounds, Gorilla glass, built-in USB 2.0, HDMI, two cameras.

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's my thing. No I don't mind higher specs but for folks to preach and harp on how those missing specs are what's causing WP to fail is a stretch. HUGE stretch. When I see SG3 commercials, nothing sticks in my mind about specs because THEY DON'T TALK ABOUT IT. They talk about how the phone has elements of nature, how you can use the S-Voice, keep your phone awake by staring at it and it'll cut off when you look away from it. That's what they talk about. Not quad core (Dual core for the states FYI), not a 4.8 screen, not the processing chips, NONE of that. Why? Because the general consumers DON'T CARE. They care for NICHE features and marketing ploys

I agree with all of this. I personally would like to see higher specs, but people like my wife don't have a clue about any of that stuff.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh the interwebs are STEAMING. All of the sister sites have 30+ comments about this (imore has 70). I'm glad for the buzz that's generating

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Seriously?? That's it? No phone-let? It's just another tablet so who gives a squirrel phart? :mad:

I do. I was looking for an awesome tablet for when Win 8 debuts this fall. Have you seen what the other OEMs are coming out with? There's very, very few that are even worth a look in how they're designed. Thank god I don't have to go with the Asus Tablet 810 and it's dinky Atom cpu. I can go with a full on Ivy Bridge. Too cool.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
money reserved for this tablet or this laptop or all in one :D. from reading tech sites comments i can see MS winning people heart and Money :lol:

all they need now a big & happy event tomorrow to make it a perfect combo strike :cool:

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh the interwebs are STEAMING. All of the sister sites have 30+ comments about this (imore has 70). I'm glad for the buzz that's generating

I was reading on two of the sister forums (androidcentral and imore) and i was really surprised for the most part. A lot of the android crew really was impressed with the Surface and wanted one. The imore crew eh...i think they got a little nervous..LOL. The Surface looks really good and after having a ipad and a kindle fire, I know what my next purchase will be. Now to wait till Wednesday. Does anyone know what type the event for Wednesday kicks off??

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ever since they announced there was going to be Windows 8 tablets, I was already sold. This keynote just blew me away. The MS Surface looks amazing, and I definitely want to get one. @_@

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
any chance new phones running windows phone 8 will be announced on wednesday? I mean i wanna see the hardware too!

IDK, isn't Wednesday's deal more for developers? It may be more about software and supported hardware than actual new phones.

DrPreeth

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
IDK, isn't Wednesday's deal more for developers? It may be more about software and supported hardware than actual new phones.

oh ok. Well i mean obviously the hardware is out there (as evidenced by those stats on Im a WP7 that keep getting mentioned from time to time). Would be nice to see some super phones :). I mean honestly it wouldnt take much for Samsung or HTC to convert their existing top Android phones over to WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre