I can't wait for Monday & Wednesday

mud314

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
And these "lame processors" perform better than the processors you desire.

I agree. I was on the bandwagon for the Galaxy S3 then VZ screwed up my pre orders twice by cancelling them w/o notice. So I figured I would Skype friend in Thailand that has the S3 w/quad core, while it is faster than most ANDROID phones, I would still see a bit of a lag between screens, not always but it just wasn't as fluid as you would think it would be. So I decided to carry my a$$ to the VZ store and gotta say most android phones really do need all that processor power because the OS is highly bloated somehow. You would think being that it runs a version of Linux it would be more streamlined. So while there I looked again at the Trophy and found it odd how much smoother it ran w/it's "lame" processor. So I ordered one through ebay. Old handset yes, but it will serve it's purpose.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
While the processor on my Trophy is very adequate for what I do, I do want a dual-core processor with a high end gpu. I just can't see how that is a bad thing for WP. If it's this smooth and fast on the current processors, just think how impressive it will be on a similar processor to the Galaxy S3!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
And these "lame processors" perform better than the processors you desire.

It doesn't. The browser scrolling struggles to keep up, games are choppy, so are some apps. Sure is great for scrolling up and down on the main screen but im not going to lie to myself. If really like to settle get webOS, they though it was better than anything else and look at them.

tomorrow's conference doesn't seemed to be anything impresived, Wednesday is going to be an awesome day. I'm hoping for some killer hardware, lots of features and great app updates.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I was on the bandwagon for the Galaxy S3 then VZ screwed up my pre orders twice by cancelling them w/o notice. So I figured I would Skype friend in Thailand that has the S3 w/quad core, while it is faster than most ANDROID phones, I would still see a bit of a lag between screens, not always but it just wasn't as fluid as you would think it would be. So I decided to carry my a$$ to the VZ store and gotta say most android phones really do need all that processor power because the OS is highly bloated somehow. You would think being that it runs a version of Linux it would be more streamlined. So while there I looked again at the Trophy and found it odd how much smoother it ran w/it's "lame" processor. So I ordered one through ebay. Old handset yes, but it will serve it's purpose.

This is mostly due to the skin added overtop of the OS and all those apps people think they need.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have no way to prove it, but I suspect WP would appear more laggy if every transition didn't involve the spinning and flipping. I already experience slight lag in filling in the homescreen sometimes. Not like on my droid thankfully, but it's still there.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
While the processor on my Trophy is very adequate for what I do, I do want a dual-core processor with a high end gpu. I just can't see how that is a bad thing for WP. If it's this smooth and fast on the current processors, just think how impressive it will be on a similar processor to the Galaxy S3!

Yeah that's my thing. No I don't mind higher specs but for folks to preach and harp on how those missing specs are what's causing WP to fail is a stretch. HUGE stretch. When I see SG3 commercials, nothing sticks in my mind about specs because THEY DON'T TALK ABOUT IT. They talk about how the phone has elements of nature, how you can use the S-Voice, keep your phone awake by staring at it and it'll cut off when you look away from it. That's what they talk about. Not quad core (Dual core for the states FYI), not a 4.8 screen, not the processing chips, NONE of that. Why? Because the general consumers DON'T CARE. They care for NICHE features and marketing ploys

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Its all about Wednesday for me. Especially as Im doing a lot of work on apps, it would be nice to know if we should start Windows RT development or continue on. I know its all compatible, but which one is better?

Im also hoping, again, for some file access with the File Picker charm. Windows RT has it, why not Windows Phone 8....I can live in hope :)

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
When I see SG3 commercials, nothing sticks in my mind about specs because THEY DON'T TALK ABOUT IT.
Eh, the radio ad I heard earlier today stressed the display and camera. Can't quite remember whether processing power was mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised.

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Been a while since i've been on the boards (job+school+Dragon's Dogma+girlfriend=no time). Super excited about today and Wednesday though. I was not impressed at all with Apple's event last week or E3 the week before either. I'm seriously hoping that Microsoft comes out of the gate wide open and throwing haymakers. There hasn't really been a tech device that has had that "wow" factor this year so far (my opinion ;)) and i'm hoping Microsoft shows off a tablet that can compete with the ipad (design, screen resolution, Metro, etc) today and Wednesday show off a great Windows 8 phone that will blow the Galaxy S3 and the Iphone out of the water. Please Microsoft don't be boring!!!!!

mud314

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
This is mostly due to the skin added overtop of the OS and all those apps people think they need.
Really? Then explain this one:
Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus - Slow Down Issues - YouTube
As I assume you know the Nexus does not have a skin overlay on top of it, right? Notice how on this video it shows just slow it is when you want to move to landscape mode. It's after this that I decided to drive my a$$ down to VZ store and find out and sure enough, it is extremely laggy. So while I say that certain skins do use up RAM, the Nexus does not have any skin with a dual core processor 1.2 with 1 gig of ram. So how can you possibly say that it's the skin?

Will those seconds matter in a person's lifetime, no. But it sure is annoying.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd be happy with an announcement that they bought the Playbook from RiM and are slapping W8 on it. The PB has front-firing speakers and a great screen to go with the highly-portable 7-inch factor.

In any case ;) , it will be hard to top the $300 deal I got for a 64GB tablet. Of course, that was after several months of disapppointing sales.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a notification system. I had a toast come in, not knowing what it was and it was confusing me, because I was sleeping. So I never figured out what it was, until the next morning. It was 4th and Mayor. Wish I would've known when it woke me up.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, in BB10 the Notification is on the right. It would be perfect for the Notification on WP7 to be on the left.

Also I really want them to improve the keyboard, it's terrible. Sometimes it has an Enter Button and somethings you need to press a weird U-turn looking key(shift?), sometimes it has neat shorcuts like @ and .com. The constant changes drive me crazy and I'm tired of pressing 'Enter" and end up jumping the line. Also for some reason it doesnt goes fully complete when sideways, wasting precious space =/. It needs a complete overhaul.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't. The browser scrolling struggles to keep up, games are choppy, so are some apps. Sure is great for scrolling up and down on the main screen but im not going to lie to myself. If really like to settle get webOS, they though it was better than anything else and look at them.

tomorrow's conference doesn't seemed to be anything impresived, Wednesday is going to be an awesome day. I'm hoping for some killer hardware, lots of features and great app updates.

Don't know what's wrong with your phone, I don't notice any of that. For the record,if the website is poorly coded then the web browser will struggle with it no matter the hardware.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I've being using my phone as a replacement for my laptop, so I use it a lot. Every little annoyance is stacking in and driving absolute bonkers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss