AirPlay equivalent?

bobosaur1

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Is there a windows phone equivalent for airplay? Like for streaming videos or pictures to a TV?

I'm under the impression that "smartglass" will allow it in the future (?) but it will require an xbox. But is there any method for now? (and ideally without needing an xbox?) I know HTC/Samsung have some sort of dongle thing that attaches to the TV that lets android smartphones stream to it... I'm kind of looking for something similar.

Thanks!!!

I have a Nokia Lumia 900 if that matters. :p

EDIT: I just downloaded "Play To" From the Nokia Beta Labs... but then I found out my TV isnt DLNA -certified :/

Is there a way to get around this with some sort of adapter/plug in?

Last edited:

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
There are set top boxes for streaming or using a PS3 or Xbox360. Last I checked though, the Play To app didn't yet work with the game systems.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got 3 TV's with DLNA and wouldn't buy another without it.

Check Roku or WD for their cheap dongles/set top boxes, anything with DLNA will work. Also, I believe Samsung is releasing a DLNA dongle as well.

Once you've got DLNA on the TV side of things, you can also make use of the "Play To" function from within Win7 as well. I send pictures, audio, video to my TVs from the computer all the time. During House Parties the Music and Video Library is open on the Desktop and guest can find and drag songs/videos they want to listen to right into the playlist.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss