Among all this backlash, switching from iOS

PDFierro3

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be a great day for Windows Phone owners. Most are excited about what's to come, while others are understandably frustrated they won't be able to upgrade their phone. I would be too if I had just bought a Lumia 900, but I honestly think Microsoft did the best they could with what they were dealt. This is a big upgrade and they are going to do the best they can with the software/hardware on the legacy phones.

On the other hand, WP 8 sounds very appealing to me. WP 7 already was, and being on Verizon I was going to purchase a HTC Trophy. Now I might hold off.

I can't live without transit directions on my phone. And Android doesn't appeal to me all that much. What Nokia offers looks awesome. I owned a Zune HD a few years ago, so I am already somewhat familiar with the platform.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Smart man, WP8 will be off the chain. Remember we havent seen all to come, more being held back because of the Xerox machines in cupertino....:cool:

Rocketdan9

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be a great day for Windows Phone owners. Most are excited about what's to come, while others are understandably frustrated they won't be able to upgrade their phone. I would be too if I had just bought a Lumia 900, but I honestly think Microsoft did the best they could with what they were dealt. This is a big upgrade and they are going to do the best they can with the software/hardware on the legacy phones.

On the other hand, WP 8 sounds very appealing to me. WP 7 already was, and being on Verizon I was going to purchase a HTC Trophy. Now I might hold off.

I can't live without transit directions on my phone. And Android doesn't appeal to me all that much. What Nokia offers looks awesome. I owned a Zune HD a few years ago, so I am already somewhat familiar with the platform.

Just like what i did, which was hold off on the Lumia 900 , you may consider purchasing a refurb/mint condition Samsung Focus. They can be had as low as 120 bucks now.

But its anything but cheap. 4 inch screen (wide width), Super Amoled on WP 7.5 is amazing for your eyes. Zero lag and very smooth.

This way also you get to ease into WP platform before upgrading to a WP8 device. Who knows, when you upgrade to 7.8, you might be satisfied enough , to wait until Windows 8.5 or 9 device comes out instead.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaving iOS for Android as soon as my pre-ordered Galaxy S III shows up, but if WP8 wows me like I think it will, I won't hesitate to switch again. I'm impressed by what I've seen so far.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Smart man, WP8 will be off the chain. Remember we havent seen all to come, more being held back because of the Xerox machines in cupertino....:cool:
That's what really struck me about today's conference. Those features were just some of the main ones that they felt developers needed to know about. Very little mention of what will affect consumers, but given what they showed today, I expect to be pleasantly impressed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa