Analysts downgrade Nokia sales for 2013

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Nokia revenue estimates cut Nomura

I don't agree with this. I'm willing to bet many people are upset that they are not getting WP8, but are going to move on and upgrade to Nokia WP8.x as soon as they are eligible. Nokia sales will definitely drop from now until WP8, but will pick up again when they announce and release their new devices, which I'm sure will blow the Lumia 900 out the water (Pureview WP?). Plus Lumia 900 users represent a small percentage of the WP user base. A lot of people are still using their first gen Focus and are itching for an upgrade. This doesn't even take into consideration the millions of Android and iPhone users on the verge of switching. I know many of them are out there and are just waiting on WP8. I think quite the opposite will happen next year. Sales will increase, probably even double. What say you? Did you feel like you got burned by Nokia? Are you giving up on Nokia and/or WP entirely?

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this holds water for ATT and their L900 but T-Mobile has said that 55% of their Lumia buyers are coming from feature phones/dumbphones. I highly doubt that a person of that background is going to be concerned with an update. The only thing they'll notice is a box that says to update their phone, they'll do it, see new stuff, and be happier than ever because that never happened on their other phone.

But, like I said, it could be different for the L900. With a price of $99 I doubt it differs very much though.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
lol @ dumb phones.. and also a good point does clients dont care or even know WTF wp8 even is... one of the reason Low end Androids sale so well . they dont know and dont care about the latest and greatest

but the big thing is that WP7.X has (right now ) such a SMALL market share and with WP8 being such a HUGE upgrade MS could lose ALL existing clients and still make cash with WP8...and raise in Share %

the hype for WP8 is HUGE and even Iphone/Android Bias Blogs are starting to praise WP8.... I dont think its gona hurt to lose 0.05% of existing clients. to gain an extra 1%-90% growth

dont get me wrong we will lose a few people ( like the once that complain about a black lines on a UI ) but does dont even count for a SMALL % of existing WP lovers.. or the people that complain about only having 16G memory when thats the MAJORITY of smartphone memory that we sale..

they should be IN STORES asking clients what they want as they buy it. not just assuming base on their OWN preference like 90% of them do)

in the end that articles just looks like an other Sorry excuse for HITS on the writers blog... :straight:

Last edited:

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I know someone who would be happy to try a Windows Phone out right now, but after he heard about 8 not being supported he is not willing to wait. He is getting a SIII now. I think when the average person wants a phone they go get one, they do not wait for months.

I think sales will be affected, no doubt. How bad is anyone's guess, but it sure is not going to increase! Though salesmen are supposed to be impartial we all know they are not. Fact. If salesman says it sucks for whatever reason it is sure not going to help no matter what is on the horizon! With a month to go people will maybe wait, but for now people are moving past WP devices.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I think when the average person wants a phone they go get one, they do not wait for months.

I feel the same way. That's why when people ask, I always say the sooner you upgrade your phone the sooner you can upgrade to the next. In actuality, those that upgraded on or near the Lumia 900 launch have a small advantage (not counting Canada, sorry) - while others are stuck on first gen WP8 devices, I and others will be on second gen near the end of next year (depending on early upgrade availability). ATT always allows me to upgrade within 18 months.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia series is selling good... but no where near good enough to keep up with the competition, and that was before last week's announcement. Nokia isn't selling enough phones, period.

tenoclock

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Nomura has big presence in Asian trading scene, unfortunately it's only a matter of time before average consumers/investors find out about what Nokia is doing to their customers. When news like this broke out.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought 3 L800's after I learned of the update. Different strokes, I guess. Anyway ALL businesses go through downturns, even Apple. I wouldn't worry to much. Sony is going through currently and they just invested $600 million+ in Olympus. If their in such bad shape where did they get that kind of money? Loong live Nokia!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss