A hexa-core windows phone? is it a battery waste?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
So since we wp8 and beyond can support 64 cores. And since we are maybe gonna get hexa-core next year. How would you think if that. It is good or bad?

Last edited:

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Well quad-core phones are out but they aren't used to their maximum potentiol... Hex-core phones are a long way off. I'd say at least 5-6 years.

As for battery life it would probably need a big *** battery!

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Quad core phones are just starting, let alone hexa cores. Just because WP8 supports up to 64 cores doesn't mean there's gonna be a phone with 64 cores asap. Microsoft is just making WP8 future-proof unlike what they did with WP7 devices. I mean Microsoft could've allowed manufacturers to build WP7 with 720p displays and use S3 processors, that would've made current WP7 devices "future-proof" to WP8.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Not going to happen soon. Quad core phones are still rare because right now you have to choose quad core or LTE, you can't have both yet. Hex core isn't even common in PC's yet, most are dual or quad. After they get LTE intergrated into quad core chips, chip makers will focus on making them smaller, faster, and less power hungry. I doubt manufacturers will even be THINKING about hex core for the next 5 years, and it will take a few years from there to make them. I mean we started hearing about quad core 2 years ago and it still isn't main stream.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hexarcore cpu's are in Intel's extreme series of cpu's and they aren't exactly ready for something as small as a smartphone. AMD has them too and we are talking 125+ watt packages in which basically it means your phone would run for about 5 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon