New messages not showing up on lock screen

blinkyjesus

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi. On my phone's lock screen it displays new email counts for the mailboxes i have configured on the phone (Yahoo, Hotmail, and until recently Outlook/Exchange.) It's convenient to see if you have new messages without having to slide it up and check the home screen.

Not long ago i needed to delete and recreate the Outlook/Exchange mailbox on my phone. Since then it doesn't show any new messages on the lock screen. I am getting new messages, but now i need to go into the home screen to check.

How can i get it back to where all mailboxes are displaying new mail counts on the lock screen?

Thanks!

mberdych

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
how many accounts do you have configured in your e-mail? I remember that having exchange lot of mailboxes configured resulted in a fact, that some on the end of the list simply did not have notification. So let's say you have live, then gmail, then something else and then exchange may result in not working notification for exchange. Since then, first thing I do is configuring live and then exchange and then others. Not sure whether this is your problem, might have just been issue on my phone by that time.

blinkyjesus

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
how many accounts do you have configured in your e-mail? I remember that having exchange lot of mailboxes configured resulted in a fact, that some on the end of the list simply did not have notification. So let's say you have live, then gmail, then something else and then exchange may result in not working notification for exchange. Since then, first thing I do is configuring live and then exchange and then others. Not sure whether this is your problem, might have just been issue on my phone by that time.
all together i have 4 email accounts configured; hotmail, yahoo, and two outlook/exchange. the second outlook/exchange mailbox isn't that important and never showed up on the lock screen. it's my personal outlook/exchange mailbox that once showed up on the lock screen and that i'd like to have back there. i don't think it's the total number of mailboxes that's causing this since at one point all three mailboxes were showing up no problem. now it's just two, plus the IM's and missed call notifications. the last two always worked.

will_solo

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
this is just a thought... but if you dont have the missed call notification on your home screen, does it show up then? I feel like since you have a bunch of notifications it just shows certain ones. Did that make sense?

blinkyjesus

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
i hear what you're saying, but no, it still doesn't work in that scenario. as i write this i have no text messages, no missed call notifications, and no yahoo or hotmail emails. i do have one new Outlook/Exchange email, but it's only showing on the home screen. :(

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
all together i have 4 email accounts configured; hotmail, yahoo, and two outlook/exchange. the second outlook/exchange mailbox isn't that important and never showed up on the lock screen. it's my personal outlook/exchange mailbox that once showed up on the lock screen and that i'd like to have back there. i don't think it's the total number of mailboxes that's causing this since at one point all three mailboxes were showing up no problem. now it's just two, plus the IM's and missed call notifications. the last two always worked.
The lock screen will show Messages and the last 3 EMail accounts entered. So if you have 4 Email accounts, only the first 3 created will show. If you want your "important" Outlook account to show up, delete your "unimportant" Outlook account an then recreate it. I have 4 accounts and my AOL account (least important for me) is the last one I enter to hide it from the Lock screen.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Majumdar

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
The lock screen will show Messages and the last 3 EMail accounts entered. So if you have 4 Email accounts, only the first 3 created will show. If you want your "important" Outlook account to show up, delete your "unimportant" Outlook account an then recreate it. I have 4 accounts and my AOL account (least important for me) is the last one I enter to hide it from the Lock screen.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Thanks! This worked like a charm moments ago on my LG Optimus Quantum C900 - which incidentally got upgraded to WP 7.8 today as well! Yay!

Robin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon