Transfering contact associations

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I have a Samsung Focus 1 and I'll be first in line for a WP8 device this fall.

My question is this: How easy is it to transfer not only contacts but the associations of contacts? Meaning all the 'links' between Google, Windows Live, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Linking all this stuff was time consuming and I'm not sure if that info is stored on Live, or on the SIM, or what.

Is that stuff transferable or will they all become unravelled on a new device?

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If your contacts are through Hotmail, and you link your Hotmail and Facebook... I'm sure they'll work on something to make sure all the contact synced information will transfer easily. Especially since Win8 is going to have all of this available in the People Hub and stuff.

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
lol from the replies I guess the answer is a resounding "no".. that contact associations do not transfer. That really sucks. Those associations are part of the social intergration of the phone and are what make WP7 unique in my opinion. I would think MS would want to retain that info on Live servers and be able to transfer it to any WP device.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I only have a few Live/Facebook associations, but when I setup my new L900 (upgraded from a Surround) I believe those associations remained connected. So there is hope.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I only have a few Live/Facebook associations, but when I setup my new L900 (upgraded from a Surround) I believe those associations remained connected. So there is hope.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
It's not just Facebook. I have multiple people that are linked between Twitter, Facebook, Windows Live, Google, so on. It would suck to have to do that work all over again for a new device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99