How does the latest facebook fiasco effect us?

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah we're affected too, its on facebooks end. Just checked mine and 95% of them are @facebook.com. Facebook shouldn't be doing this its like altering your privacy settings without notifying the user themselves. They should have put up a ticker or a notification that they would be doing this and have users control whether they want the new email or keep their current one.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
None of mine were replaced with @facebook.com email adress, but a large number have had an @facebook.com option added. Adding it as an option I don't mind, I would hate what is happening on iOS and Android though. They are having email adresses replaced entirely with @facebook.com ones.

M

mkr10001

i don't use facebook .this just confirms my reasons why.

Right.....

anyway

If you already have their email address as a live contact you'll be OK. Just looked at mine and a lot have changed to @facebook.com

If their email address is that important to you, you shouldn't really be grabbing it from facebook....

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened on my Windows Phone. Doesn't seem to have affected everyone's account so I'm guessing some of my contacts went into their account settings and manually fixed Facebook's "mistake."

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so Facebook hadn't lost all my emails, but on my timeline view, the cheeky little buggers decided to hide ALL my email addresses, and just show the new @facebook.com one. I've since hidden the email address, and reshown the other email addresses. Thanks for highlighting this to me. Because it's hidden from the Timeline, you can't see it, which makes you think it's been removed, and the Windows Phone behaves exactly the same way. I will highlight people to this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss