07-06-2012 07:29 PM
29 12
tools
    My phone, OUTRIGHT, only cost 440... and that was from a phone retailer (Carphone Warehouse)... that's including VAT at 20%... So how come NZ gets ripped off so badly... if we're playing that game... they should charge 10billion for a HTC Desire C... for a 50 year 2million/mth contract that gives you nothing included in the contract... that's how bad it is in NZ compared to UK.
    07-06-2012 11:48 AM
    No phone is worth 800 dollars, no phone except an used Optimus 7, that you buy from me.
    07-06-2012 07:02 PM
    No phone is worth 800 dollars, no phone except an used Optimus 7, that you buy from me.
    Duse click on day link from Vodafone
    07-06-2012 07:26 PM
    Guys, I'm with boss.king here. Most electronics here have added GST valued to their price. I bought a Titan a couple months ago and thought it was cheap, I bought it for $630NZD and when it came here it asked me for a GST import fee, and the actual sum that I paid was $750.

All cellular networks here do plans (or contracts in US), or you could stick to prepay and buy the phone full price. But people here rarely do plans, only business people do that here. New networks like Skinny Mobile are rolling out subsidized phones which are locked to their network, their phones are cheap compared to retail price.

Also, we don't get the 4G-equipped phones as we are just starting our own 4G network with telecom NZ (currently in testing right now) and vodafone in 2013. So yeah, to sum it all up: Electronics + GST = Our retail price, you guys get it there like almost half of the price here.

So just because we're the 2nd country to see the sunshine doesn't mean we all get the goodies. We have sheeps tho.
    Sheep lol!. You reminded me of that finnish guy on 3 news
    "we have Nokia you have sheep" classic
    07-06-2012 07:29 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD