Are you seeing a lot of oems and carriers interested in windows phone 8 lately

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
For some reason you seeig a lot of and carriers and oems interested in windows phone 8 lately. Lg and dell are out and that's basically it. I think acer is interested and toshsiba are as well. And we have new oems are Lenovo and huawei. Huawei and gonna do a ascend model. Maybe like asecend p1s thin and Lenovo is doin a galaxy nexus shape. And for the carriers. Almost all carriers in USA are very interested in wp8 especially Verizon which is commiting to get wp8 a third option. Big win. And AT&T and t-mobile will do the same as well. And the us cellular is interested as well. And on the enterprise side people are already seeking interest in wp8 already. So do you think that wp8 is seeking interest in a lot of carriers, oems and enterprise and comsumers?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think a big part of it is people losing faith in RIM to deliver on BB10. While both iOS and Android can work for enterprise, they don't have a whole lot of perks for enterprise employees. Windows Phone 8 on the other hand should deliver the best Exchange support, comes with Microsoft Office built in, should have the best support for Lync, and will have the security that enterprise needs. Add on to that the fact that if businesses start rewriting their aging Windows applications, if they code for Windows 8 using the new WinRT code base, migrating their enterprise applications to Mobile will be a breeze.

Everyone knows we need a third major ecosystem for competition's sake. For a long time Verizon thought it would be BlackBerry. AT&T threw its hat in with Windows Phone. T-Mobile carried both, and Sprint backed BlackBerry, in part due to Verizon. Sprint has such a small user base that developing CDMA models for just sprint doesn't make a whole lot of sense and is more expensive for Sprint. Once Verizon is carrying multiple CDMA models, it will be easier and cheaper for Sprint to also carry Windows Phone.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think a big part of it is people losing faith in RIM to deliver on BB10. While both iOS and Android can work for enterprise, they don't have a whole lot of perks for enterprise employees. Windows Phone 8 on the other hand should deliver the best Exchange support, comes with Microsoft Office built in, should have the best support for Lync, and will have the security that enterprise needs. Add on to that the fact that if businesses start rewriting their aging Windows applications, if they code for Windows 8 using the new WinRT code base, migrating their enterprise applications to Mobile will be a breeze.

Everyone knows we need a third major ecosystem for competition's sake. For a long time Verizon thought it would be BlackBerry. AT&T threw its hat in with Windows Phone. T-Mobile carried both, and Sprint backed BlackBerry, in part due to Verizon. Sprint has such a small user base that developing CDMA models for just sprint doesn't make a whole lot of sense and is more expensive for Sprint. Once Verizon is carrying multiple CDMA models, it will be easier and cheaper for Sprint to also carry Windows Phone.
so true mate I agree. Verizon and sprint were wrong about blackberry. They supported it until windows phone 8 came along. They are maybe regretting their decision and wasted their money. But until wp8 rises blackberry will crumble to death. And I agree a lot of people are leaving rim. For enterprise windows phone 8 will likely take the most users. And for consumers will likely take it as a third option. But we need to get wp8 to enterprise and consumers. Especially consumers. Meaning all of us wp fanboys

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have feeling that how ever much MS pushed WP7, WP8 will be pushed 10 fold more. It's articles like the one that came out the other day, the one that said they were working on WP8 around the same time WP7 was coming out, that make me think WP7 was just a stop gap to get to 8. MS had a sinking ship with 6.5 and had to have something new. WP8 was to far out so they threw Wp7 together as a plug for the drain.

Probably not making much sense, but basically, OEMs and carriers have been waiting for WP8 and new WP7 was just a transition to it.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I have feeling that how ever much MS pushed WP7, WP8 will be pushed 10 fold more. It's articles like the one that came out the other day, the one that said they were working on WP8 around the same time WP7 was coming out, that make me think WP7 was just a stop gap to get to 8. MS had a sinking ship with 6.5 and had to have something new. WP8 was to far out so they threw Wp7 together as a plug for the drain.

Probably not making much sense, but basically, OEMs and carriers have been waiting for WP8 and new WP7 was just a transition to it.

Honestly OEMs and carriers are more comfortable of supporting windows phone now. But will they recommend still. And damn you sprint you mucked it up with windows phone. You can go to **** when you get bankrupted

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I still think MS should buy Nokia and release their own "Surface" phone with PureView and RichRecording technology to set the standard. OEMs have not been positive to the Windows brand's image in the past.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I still think MS should buy Nokia and release their own "Surface" phone with PureView and RichRecording technology to set the standard. OEMs have not been positive to the Windows brand's image in the past.

Yea. Gud point they would do that soon. And but ms should just design it and Nokia just to make it more better and they ge money for it.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft should really consider making their own hardware. Couple of reasons

1. If you want something done right do it yourself :)
2. OEM's no longer have to copy Apple they can copy whatever MS releases because that's the baseline of how the experience should be on a Windows device
3. For a big presentation they can debut their hardware and release it first..

WHY?

To get a head start get people using the proper Windows devices and then OEM's can build on the momentum by releasing cheaper alternatives and higher end models.

MS should make the best mid range products OEM's should be making low to high end variants.

Just my take that's how I would approach hardware.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think that Microsoft Needs a reference device for each generation. Whether it is branded as a Microsoft "Surface Phone" or they have Nokia build it and they officially endorse it as the reference doesn't matter to me. They need something analogous to the Nexus Line for Android.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think that Microsoft Needs a reference device for each generation. Whether it is branded as a Microsoft "Surface Phone" or they have Nokia build it and they officially endorse it as the reference doesn't matter to me. They need something analogous to the Nexus Line for Android.

YES!!!! I have been saying that the whole time

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Yeah defiantly they don't have to be a 1st party OEM but they should reward the OEM's that are show casing Windows the best.

For example I would reward the mobile line to Nokia as the Microsoft signature line for mobile devices Tablets and Phones

I would reward Vizio as the signature line for PC for the magnificent Vizio laptop and PC they have shown

It's either you make HW on your own or reward your OEM's and the good thing is it sparks competition.

Now you have Dell, HP and other Windows OEM's trying to claim that top spot so it makes the Windows family better overall!

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah defiantly they don't have to be a 1st party OEM but they should reward the OEM's that are show casing Windows the best.

For example I would reward the mobile line to Nokia as the Microsoft signature line for mobile devices Tablets and Phones

I would reward Vizio as the signature line for PC for the magnificent Vizio laptop and PC they have shown

It's either you make HW on your own or reward your OEM's and the good thing is it sparks competition.

Now you have Dell, HP and other Windows OEM's trying to claim that top spot so it makes the Windows family better overall!

I completely agree. They could even include something to sweeten the pot. A reduced license fee for 12 months would be great, unless that is considered anti-competitive, then give them some money for an ad campaign. Maybe come up with like a "Microsoft Signiture" logo and be super selective about who and what products it goes on.

I totally think OEM's that go above and beyond with their products, like Nokia and Vizio, deserve to be recognized and rewarded. I a, currently in the market for a new computer as my MacBook died, and if I weren't waiting for windows 8 tablets, I would be buying either a Vizio laptop or all in one.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Those are all great ideas and would make a much more constructive post on the Windows Phone's uservoice page than the whining about the 7.8 features.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo