How to turn off zune?

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I finish listening to a song and press the stop/pause button, I find that the title of the song and playback options remains in the volume up/down menu and I can't seem to get it to go away without restarting the phone. Is there a way to exit the zune music player after listening to a song so it doesn't remain in your volume settings?

Thanks.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why would you want to get rid of it?

I personally love the fact i can stop it, then continue from where i left off days later.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
This happens with most music apps as well, if it really bothers you, the app dannejanne mentioned will work for you, otherwise don't sweat it, the function doesn't take up any power or anything, and gives you the option to start listening again in an instant without any launching of apps.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I can't understand why people are complaining about this,it's a very useful feature.

I used to love this feature and used to say the same thing. Then I started playing music via Bluetooth at home and something started happening. When I turned on my home Bluetooth device, my phone started playing the music automatically, which is kind of cool. But it gets annoying when I connect to my car's Bluetooth (Motorola Roadster). I always have to hit pause, everytime it connects. So I started using stop the music. I use a Lumia 900.

greensea

May 29, 2012
Visit site
i think that's something that's missing in the old zune. the ability to jump to the now playing list at any time. hope wp8 will also allow link to the music collection from the volume control. they might also want too add shuffle collection by album. shuffle artists by album. genre by album etc while they're at it :D

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
i think that's something that's missing in the old zune. the ability to jump to the now playing list at any time. hope wp8 will also allow link to the music collection from the volume control. they might also want too add shuffle collection by album. shuffle artists by album. genre by album etc while they're at it :D

You can jump to now playing by bringing up the controls at the top, then tapping on the title/artist.

greensea

May 29, 2012
Visit site
yeah i can't do that with my zune hd though. i hope they'll let you jump to the music collection from there as well in wp8

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Stop the music is the answer to your question!

Thank you! That is a big help!

I can't understand why people are complaining about this,it's a very useful feature.

After listening to a song with Zune I can't listen to a song on Spotify.

Unfortunately both Zune and Spotify have their limitations. Spotify can't play songs that I have downloaded to my phone-- songs that are not in Spotify's catalog. Zune forces you to download songs that are on your PC's playlist to your phone and when streaming tracks there is about a 15 second pause between songs. Also I get frequent streaming interruptions with Zune.

CondeDub

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!

I cannot thank you enough for taking the trouble to post this information!!!
Without doubt I am obviously not the cleverest of people,but since getting my Lumia 800 some months ago,I have been searching to resolve this question.
So once again....A BIG Thank You!
Regards,
Conor.:blush:

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I finish listening to a song and press the stop/pause button, I find that the title of the song and playback options remains in the volume up/down menu and I can't seem to get it to go away without restarting the phone. Is there a way to exit the zune music player after listening to a song so it doesn't remain in your volume settings?

Thanks.
Unity04
Hay, try using the app wp tools that you can find in market place and install. I been using this for a long time it works great. Good luck hope this works for you.

Rony G

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Pay for a app that just corrects something that zune should do on is own?? hell no!

i prefer to turn off and on my phone than pay for this... nothing against the guy that did the app, but a LOT against M$ by not having a simple option!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers