Windows phone 8 will crush RIM in enterprise and how excited are you about wp8

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I have no doubt that windows phone 8 will kill RIM with their blackberries. Because Wp8 has basically everything there is in BB but even better. and people are dumping blackberry. but RIM made a terrible mistake about waiting for BB 10.

So do you think Wp8 will crush RIM badly?

and one more question a scale to 1-10 are you excited about your new fresh software in fall?

1 -left not.
10- incredibly excited. that my head would explode for all features revealed to me :D

If a lumia pureview came to US. would you cry or would you rush to your store to get. or are you soo excited to get it that you'll get no matter what who's in your way. or would smash the person that's got the last one even if it's a old lady

Geeks always get moody when something exciting comes out

Last edited:

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, WP8 will crush BB, no doubt about it.

How excited am I? Right now, I'd say 6. I'm waiting on manufacturers to reveal their new devices first. If Nokia comes up with a Lumia PureView / RichRecording WP, I might actually cry.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I do not think the question is if they will beat RIM- that is a near certainty so long as MS launches W8 correctly. The ecosystem and cloud services are KILLER!!! RIM has nothing in the way of cloud, computer services, or support. Security and push email is their strengths, and W8 will have that and much better NFC services and Skype intergration to the extreme for conference calling. The more pressing question is can they head off Apple's momentum?

Right now, I am at an "8" in excitement for WP 8. (See what I did there??) I am waiting on upgrading my computer so I can install W8 on my computer and enjoy the ecosystem. I am such a WP Geek.....

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Yeah with TPM, on-device encryption, Active Directory integration for IT depts, the Company Hub, etc. BlackBerry is in serious trouble even on the Enterprise front. And with the synergy with W8, that's a powerful double whammy and I feel bad for BB at this point. They have almost no chance.

As for my excitement level, I'm about an 8 or so, very excited for the new devices and features coming, and very hopeful that this will be the generation that gains serious traction in the market and with developers. Reserving a little bit of that for carrier phone announcements. (Looking at you Verizon Wireless...)

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah with TPM, on-device encryption, Active Directory integration for IT depts, the Company Hub, etc. BlackBerry is in serious trouble even on the Enterprise front. And with the synergy with W8, that's a powerful double whammy and I feel bad for BB at this point. They have almost no chance.

As for my excitement level, I'm about an 8 or so, very excited for the new devices and features coming, and very hopeful that this will be the generation that gains serious traction in the market and with developers. Reserving a little bit of that for carrier phone announcements. (Looking at you Verizon Wireless...)
ah you have a trophy. gud phone and ur very happy for a wp8 device :D

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should pick BBM up from RIM if they can and incorporate it into WP8. It would give them not only the advantage of the best messaging there is out there, but they would also be able to deny Apple and Google of it, giving WP another solid competitive advantage.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft should pick BBM up from RIM if they can and incorporate it into WP8. It would give them not only the advantage of the best messaging there is out there, but they would also be able to deny Apple and Google of it, giving WP another solid competitive advantage.

I guess I'm not sold on BBM as a messaging service. If you're not on a BB already why would BBM be that great? Why not Skype or Live as their primary IM services? They can add some functionality to one or both of those and push it as the premier IM service with tons of existing users out of the gate. I think Skype and Live will merge at some point to create one huge IM service that does VoIP, IM, and voice messaging all in one. At least I hope so.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm not sold on BBM as a messaging service. If you're not on a BB already why would BBM be that great?

Consumer value. Lots of teens still buy BlackBerrys. So then the WP7 users can also leverage BBM, and the teens can move on to an even better platform without simply buying the iPhone.

Why not Skype or Live as their primary IM services? They can add some functionality to one or both of those and push it as the premier IM service with tons of existing users out of the gate.

Agree with this idea, it ain't half bad. Although Windows Live Messenger users seem to be dropping like a stone!

I think Skype and Live will merge at some point to create one huge IM service that does VoIP, IM, and voice messaging all in one. At least I hope so.

If that happens, I'll be so excited I'll have to be chained to the bed so I don't make a right mess in my excitement!

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Consumer value. Lots of teens still buy BlackBerrys. So then the WP7 users can also leverage BBM, and the teens can move on to an even better platform without simply buying the iPhone.

Agree with this idea, it ain't half bad. Although Windows Live Messenger users seem to be dropping like a stone!

If that happens, I'll be so excited I'll have to be chained to the bed so I don't make a right mess in my excitement!

Lol.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

Lol. Love you guys ur so funny

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Lets just kill off BBM with a better messaging service which ties in Skype, Xbox Live, MSN everything all in one and release that platform to Android and IOS.

If I was Microsoft I would be looking hard to kill off
1. RIM BBM and hardware based keyboard phones
2. Amazon, Facebook, Firefox OS I don't want any of those gaining ground

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Silly question...Apple and Google have already crushed RIM.

I've been told repeatedly here that my current phone is still just as great as it was when I bought it, so my level of excitement for the new OS that won't run on it is 2-3. :p

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree and disagree with your statement about Apple and Google crushing RIM in the enterprise.

Its technically not Apple and Google that crushed RIM as much as it is 3rd party MDM solutions like Good Mobile Messaging, Airwatch, and Mobile Iron that have really allowed us IT Admins to feel ok about allowing those devices.

IMO, RIM simultaneously shot themselves in the face and the nuts by not doing EXACTLY what Good Mobile Messaging had done. For those unfamiliar with their product, Good is an app that runs on the phone that keeps all the corporate email/calendar information inside of the app. That way you can use your phone for all kinds of personal stuff, yet keep your corporate information protected. If the company has to wipe your data, just the app gets wiped. Since the password is on the app and not the device, if you enter it wrong, it just wipes the app.

If RIM would have done that a few years ago, they would have crushed Good a long time ago and we would still be forking over a large amount of money to RIM every year to protect all our devices.

The more I think about it... RIM pretty much crushed themselves..

p.s. how excited am I for WP8? A 9 or a 10 baby. I'm a MS ******, but since we use Good and we also use Verizon, I've yet to really own a WP for daily use. I have a SIMless Focus that I play with, but it isn't the same as having one as your daily driver. I'm stuck using a iPhone 4S now and just ordered the Galaxy 3 to hold me over until I can switch to a WP8 verizon device.

Silly question...Apple and Google have already crushed RIM.

I've been told repeatedly here that my current phone is still just as great as it was when I bought it, so my level of excitement for the new OS that won't run on it is 2-3. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos