Would you want pureview to come to all carriers including sprint

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
so sorry. Bout dat.sister wrote that not me. So how would you feel if pureview came to all carriers wouldit be worth it. Or just a waste of money for sure. Or will they accept it. Doubt sprint will

Last edited:

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
What...did I just read?
NBVqR.gif

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Holy... This is worse than that game about a stupid walrus that someone posted a couple months ago... :straight:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I want a phone that has a good camera but, I dont want a phone that looks like a camera.

If a pureview model came out, that was slim and DID NOT LOOK LIKE A CAMERA, then yes...I would want one..

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
PureView tech, in 41MP or smaller form would be a positive feature for any Nokia device on WP8 and would help sell it even better so yes, as long as they scale it to offer both slim and not so slim models to satisfy everyone depending on their priorities I say bring it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why Sprint would be any different from the other 3 major US carriers. If anything, Sprint would want Windows Phone 8, since Sprint is losing money on the iPhone and needs an alternative platform.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

that was my first thought the first time I read the unedited post. I was like wow, I'm not even going to try and respond to that lol

And for the record, Danny, are we talking about the 808 Pureview or potential windows phone 8 pureview devices? If the 808, there is no way any us carrier will pick it up. Especially not Verizon or sprint as there is no way Nokia will make a cdma version. If we are talking about future devices, I really don't care so long as we get the top of the line for att. I don't care if it looks like a camera, in fact I think it would be kinda neat if it did. I'd even be willing to give up thinness for some honest to goodness optical zoom. I hate carrying around a phone and cam, but have no problem carrying a brick of a phone, so the more camera goodness they shove in the better in my opinion.y dream phone is one that can go toe to toe with mid-high end point and shoots.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't care about the thinness that much. The 808 is not that thick of a phone. I'm realizing now that I kind of wish my Lumia 900 were a bit smaller. Thinness is great, but a tall, wide 4.3"-4.7" phone is just uncomfortable to use one-handed and that is more important than the thickness.

If Nokia made a PureView in the same form factor as the 808, only with WP8, a faster processor and higher resolution screen (4" is fine, but not the 360x640 screen resolution is pathetic) Give it 1280x720 in a 4" screen and I'd buy it in a second (definitely doable since the iPhone has 960-by-640 in 3.5")

After carrying this wide/long brick around for a while, I really do not want another 4.3-4.7" phone. I'm HOPING that there will be such thing as a 4" premium WP8 phone and I don't have to have another huge phone just to get the best features.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about the thinness that much. The 808 is not that thick of a phone. I'm realizing now that I kind of wish my Lumia 900 were a bit smaller. Thinness is great, but a tall, wide 4.3"-4.7" phone is just uncomfortable to use one-handed and that is more important than the thickness.

If Nokia made a PureView in the same form factor as the 808, only with WP8, a faster processor and higher resolution screen (4" is fine, but not the 360x640 screen resolution is pathetic) Give it 1280x720 in a 4" screen and I'd buy it in a second (definitely doable since the iPhone has 960-by-640 in 3.5")

After carrying this wide/long brick around for a while, I really do not want another 4.3-4.7" phone. I'm HOPING that there will be such thing as a 4" premium WP8 phone and I don't have to have another huge phone just to get the best features.

I agree. I hate that Permium devices all have such large screens. I think 4" is the best size. It's the perfect balance of one hand use ability and screen size. I'd honestly prefer a 3.7" screen to a 4.3". I agree that the 808 with a high res screen (I'd like the 1280x768 option) and Windows phone 8 would be amazing. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs